A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: is there anything more difficult than sound?

Standrard flasher

is there anything more difficult than sound?

trying to make a flashtrak, like the ones found in the sound loops section. I want it to have a equalizer and a on/off button, but i DON'T want the sound to be loaded from an external swf. I'd really appreciate any help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    The only player that I know of, which has a real modulation display, is the one found here:

http://www.swift-tools.com/

Hit the Swift MP3 button.

Standrard flasher
    not really what i meant... i just need a little help modifying the fla above so that instead of loading the music from Data.swf, the music is in the library and it uses this script, or something like that...

mySound = new Sound(this);
    mySound.attachSound("music1");
    mySound.Start("", 999);

thanks man

Standrard flasher
    please help, been working on this all day and i'me not getting anywhere! shouldn't be that difficult though sould it?

Banned
    http://odin.prohosting.com/~oldnew/f...g/player2.html

This is what I've come up with! Didn't use a sound object but a movie clip with a looping sound. Could probably adapt it with a soundObject, but you must realize that this display is totally faked and randomized, and that this in no way represents actual modulations within the music itself. It's works pretty good with that kind of music, but on a slower music, this would look awkward if not modified to some extent. You still want to go ahead with this?

Standrard flasher
    thanks a lot oldnewbie!

this display is totally faked and randomized, and that this in no way represents actual modulations within the music itself
    ...means that the equalizer bars are just "fake" they're not really moving to the frequencies of the sound?

what i want to do is: make ONE swf that contains stop/play buttons and has those equalizer bars (that work!). All the flashtracks in the soundloop section load the music dynamically from another swf, and I just want the sound to be in the main swf to start with! I realize it's pretty difficult since i spent all day trying to figure it out, but it can't be impossible! It should in fact be easier, since your making the process one step shorter (not loading the music dynamically)

Banned
    If you want the display to be real, you cannot load the sound movie in Flash. The movie has to be streamed so that some other sofware (not Flash) can pick up the modulations and convey that info or data, so that Flash can then display it. That' s what the first link I gave you does. Otherwise, any display directly in Flash is just faked!

Standrard flasher
    Oh! thanks a lot, understand now why it wouldn't work! guess i'me gonna have to do it the way it's done it the original flashtrak i attached at my first post.

Standrard flasher
    one question though! if you're still with me on this thread...

could i have the fla for
    http://odin.prohosting.com/~oldnew/...ng/player2.html
    anyways? the equalizers movement looks so realistic, i might be able to use that insted! thanks!