dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Can't link to Flashkit? Asked to remove link?

  1. #21
    Señor member
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Huddersfield, UK
    Posts
    1,819
    Originally posted by jstarkey
    They promised me that once the site makes it, I'd get rich. They said it was a deal of a lifetime.

    I'm paid, for the webmaster stuff.
    so the talk of $0.02 was in fact real?!
    Company, Meet Creative
    sign up, help spread the word and win a shuffle.
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

  2. #22
    Swiftdev Founder 98svt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Posts
    2,139
    Originally posted by aversion
    it seems like it was a simple misunderstanding which could have been cleared up in five minutes by emailing john or david. I don't see why your first reaction, no matter how "frustrated, disappointed, confused", was to post this in the FK forums instead of seeking clarification directly.

    Ok, you are right. But I did respond to Dave's email immediately after I recieved the email. Still no response from Dave or anyone else at Flashkit.
    First of all, if this thread was "jumping the gun", I do apologize. But I HAVE replied to the email with no response as of yet. So I figured I seek an answer from the forum. So far, I have receieved some great replies as well as advice.
    I figured this thread would have been locked or deleted, instead it got moved. What was the reason for moving it? Because the coffee lounge isn't the right place to question Flashkit's policies?

    I have decided to sweep this under the fug. If Flashkit does not want the traffic Swiftdev can point in their direction, so be it. I will not display Flashkit's banner on any of my sites.

    It's that simple, problem solved. As for the reason I have been given, I'm still not satisfied until I hear from Dave.

    Mike


    CLOSE THIS THREAD IF YOU SEE IT NECESSARY

  3. #23
    Civilian
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    3,210
    Originally posted by 98svt
    Ok, you are right. But I did respond to Dave's email immediately after I recieved the email. Still no response from Dave or anyone else at Flashkit.
    First of all, if this thread was "jumping the gun", I do apologize. But I HAVE replied to the email with no response as of yet. So I figured I seek an answer from the forum.
    Your sarcastic reply to him is dated 3:57 am (not sure of the time zone). This thread was started at 3:55 am your time (assuming you're in Central). In the best case scenerio, you expected him to reply before 5am or you were going to start an issue on the boards?

    What was the reason for moving it? Because the coffee lounge isn't the right place to question Flashkit's policies?
    [/B]
    The Feedback forum is for talking to staff and mods. Your issue is due to a misunderstanding between you and the staff.

  4. #24
    Swiftdev Founder 98svt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Posts
    2,139
    The email was recieved at 3:05 PM and was replied to around 6:00PM.

    I also don't consider this "an issue". It was a question to why I was asked to remove the link.

    Mike

  5. #25
    curmudgeon swampy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    [wakey]
    Posts
    2,775
    Originally posted by jstarkey
    They promised me that once the site makes it, I'd get rich. They said it was a deal of a lifetime.

    I'm paid, for the webmaster stuff.
    but not for the jokes, obviously.
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

  6. #26
    curmudgeon swampy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    [wakey]
    Posts
    2,775
    Originally posted by 98svt

    I figured this thread would have been locked or deleted, instead it got moved. What was the reason for moving it? Because the coffee lounge isn't the right place to question Flashkit's policies?
    I moved it from the lounge because the feedback forum is the correct forum for this type of stuff. If these sort of threads are, left in tehe lounge they tend to turn into arguments and flames PDQ as loungers who feel they have FK's best or worst interest at heart join in.
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center