dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: So I got to the printers...and she says..."

So I got to the printers...and she says..."

So I went to the printers, file burnt to cd as requested in Photoshop format. Mrs X whom I spoke to on the phone then tells me, that they wont print the job unless I go away and split the colurs myself! well, look here I say, I've never been asked to do this before....why cant you just do it? Well we can, but it wont be cheap! she tells me.
    wont be cheap..! It'll only take a few minutes!!!!!! I say.
    Anyway I decided not to use them.
    Off I got to Printing.com (another local printers), everything is going fine until, the guy practically orders me to take out a 'hand holding service' because Its my first time with them! The hand holding service is where they check your files for any problems, and chatge you 20 big one...whether there is a problem or not.
    Thats fine, but the impression I got was that if you insist on going it alone then something will magically go wrong the final job, and of course they claim that they are not liable!

Are there any decent printers in the UK????????

Wow. Is that second place a mafia front or something?

You see, for a small fee, we "protect" you and make sure nothing bad happens to you. It's in your best interest to pay, got it?

-monster.

Hi,

reminds me of my own experiences...
    a signcutting company that wanted another 20 bucks to open the supplied eps file on diskette, rather than being allowed to do the text setting (typically one font, two or three words for a "partial hour of work") themselves - to their misfortune their "eps converter" could not even open the supplied file
    a person in a local print shop decided to tell a young lady that he did not have any program to "open" a supplied ps file but could import quarx, pagemaker, corel nd a bunch of other formats for a timy fee.
    Both lost a customer forever, but too often these tricks work (because the customer is in a hurry)

Musicman

yeah there are a few, believe it or not.
    What are you printing onto?

There are www.universalprinting.co.uk , there pretty good, or if your printing tshirts there is rankrhino who are in edmonton, there also good.
    you just got to look around, and try doing stuff in .eps format because most people do have trouble with jpegs

well I'm glad I'm not the only person whos having these problems I still havent found a good printer though
    I'm looking for one near Hull if anyone knows the area.
    Thanks for the link disorda, but I'm afraid I'm a peasant from up'north!

I still havent found a printers, but I have found something very addictive and fun. I went back to Printing.com, to remind myself of the situation and bumped into this little online toy
    http://www.printing.com/pdc/designer...rop/design.asp
    very fun!

www.cafepress.com looks promising. I have heard that they are great for printing tshirt designs but i dunno how much it costs or if it is very relyable.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Originally posted by sk8Krog
    www.cafepress.com looks promising. I have heard that they are great for printing tshirt designs but i dunno how much it costs or if it is very relyable.
    yeah, i've used them a lot. they're great. and if you feel like being nice if/when you sign up, you can call me your referrer: store = simbryo. i'd hope to return the favor some day.

to answer your q about cost, it is about $15 bucks for a t. if you buy your own t that is. if others buy, i think it's around $20. they give the 'store owner' a break.

www.alphagraphics-hull.co.uk
    very professional attitude and pretty affordable. I will certainly be using them again.