A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: stop me before I start cutting

stop me before I start cutting

Searched all over for a solution and can't find one. Sounds simple enough. Using version 5 (I could use MX for the fix - if there is one - but want to publish as a 5). I need to leave one swf and its page, got to two.swf and its page then < BACK to page one withOUT going through page one's complex intro.

Is there a way to do this? (stop me before I start cutting up my main movie)

Thanks
    APM

if your loading the secound .swf into the main.swf, in the 2nd .swf have an action or a button that is

on(release)
    telltarget _level0
    gotoandplay ("framelabel")

then put a frame label on the main.swf where you want it to start from, and have the same name as the code above

This code is off top of head, so you prob wont be able to cut and paste, just follow what is said

Maybe I wasn't specific enough (or maybe your solution will work) - Leaving one.swf and page one.htm - I need to go two.swf and its page, two.htm and then go back to one.htm and one.swf where (the specific frame) I left from.

ok linking between different .swf you should look at this

http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...ction_objects/

I followed it the other day and was quite useful, maybe this is what your looking for