A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Burning CD's using Nero on WIN XP and readable on a MAC?

Burning CD's using Nero on WIN XP and readable on a MAC?

Sorry, not sure where else to ask...

I am trying to burn a cd of some images for my friend to read on his mac OS 9.2.

Burning as data does not work and Nero won't CREATE an image, only burn a cd FROM an image.

Anyone know the best way to do this?

Thanks,

sorry for being OFF TOPIC but it's kind of urgent and I always get a fast repsponse in here.

THANKS AGAIN!

it is difficult to get pc cd's to read on a mac - the best way to do it is vice versa - burn a pc cd on a mac - tbh - the easiest way will be to upload the images to web space, and let him download them.

Shameless Newstoday Plug
    Just to note, I don't see any real difficulties between copying a CD by a PC for use on a Mac.

In order to transfer files from my PC to my Mac, I used Adaptecs Easy CD Creator, and copied Data.

It worked absolutely fine on my Mac.

And I've done this time and time again. The only difficulty I've ever had was working with Flash files, and that's because my Mac didn't have the required font.

hmm - fair enough - i suppose i've never really burned everyday cd's (pic's and music) - all the things I have burned have been applications I have made crossplatform for mac & pc.

question authority
    Originally posted by j4mes
    it is difficult to get pc cd's to read on a mac - the best way to do it is vice versa - burn a pc cd on a mac - tbh - the easiest way will be to upload the images to web space, and let him download them.
    Sorry, but this is utter nonsense!
    A mac will read any pc cd. There really is nothing to it.

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    The problem you are no doubt having is the file structure. When you burn the disc, do not put any folders on them. Simply place the images on the disc with nothing else. That should work just fine.

mullet king
    Just tell your friend to upgrade to OS X Jag - problem solved complete XP compatibility

Originally posted by monkii
    Sorry, but this is utter nonsense!
    A mac will read any pc cd. There really is nothing to it.
    by read - it mean will actually work. The mac will see the PC cd but it won't necessarily run whatever is on there - as I said i've never used it for burning things like music, pictures films. Just applications. I dont want to go into techy nonsense because I don't know enough about it and, evidently, you do.