A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Okay, this question is a doozie.

Question

I hope someone can visualise what Im about to say here. I see lots of flash sites that I KNOW are not part Flash and part HTML, meaning they arent frame pages with flash content in one frame and regular HTML stuff in another. What I wanna know is when you go to a all Flash site, and say for instance you click on the "photo album" menu item, it loads up the photo album movie wich appears to load right into the flash page you are at. Its not in a pop-up window,nor is it covering the whole Flash movie. It looks like its coming up right where its supposed to come up. I see this alot with flash sites that have like a TV interface. Whatever part of the site you wanna go to comes up on the screen. Now I know you can do this with Movie Clips, but what happens if the clip is just too big in file size (maybe you have like 30 jpg photos in it)? I see the pre-loader come up on the "tv screen" on the flash site, then the other SWF is loaded right where they wanted it, inside the "tv screen" how do they do that without having to replace the whole site with a duplicate looking site with the new info on the "tv screen"??? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-The Allmighty Mos Def.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

When you create your new movie with the pictures in it just copy the tv from the old one and paste in place. Now place the pictrues where you want them inside the tv screen. Make sure the movie size is the same for the swf that you will load as the main movie ie: if the main movie is 500x400 the make sure the movie to be loaded is 500x400. this is how flash lines things up. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>