A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Relocating ???

Relocating ???

Do you think it is necessary to move to a city to find work? Living in Cleveland, Ohio I have had freelance jobs but no full time employment. My husband is a 3d artist also and we are willing to relocate. Do you think employers overlook those out of state?

Thanks,
    kate kolesar
    kolesar@udream2.com
    www.udream2.com

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    I've seen a lot of ads that specifically state, local applicants only, no relocation available and stuff like that. If it doesn't state it, go ahead and apply. Still though, a local applicant probably looks better than someone who has to drive a couple of hours for an interview.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    It may not be necessary to move, but if you want something specific, you'd have to be prepared to do so.

More than ever, the work can come to you, but still, putting forward a flexible location attitude could be beneficial for companies insisting that you work on-site.

my 2 cents.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

it will help though if you have a friend or relative who will let you use their address on the resume just to get in the front door....obviously you're not trying to deceive the recruiter but the simple fact is that in a less than stellar economy you have to make yourself more available cuz chances are there a lot of people qualifed for that same job in the same area code...

The Minister of No Crap

In all my freelancing days, the only local jobs I did were for friends and they didn't pay that well anyway. I am seven miles West of Philly, but my clients are located all over the place (Tennessee, California, Greece, England, etc.).

That is the beauty of the web.

Scott