dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: new t-shirt company

new t-shirt company

I wasn't sure where to post it but I think this is something a lot of designers consider trying.

I am hoping with some friends to print and try and sell t-shirts.

I have found a printer locally that'll print limited runs.
    I was wondering if anyone knows the best place to buy blank t-shirts? We hope to give this a pretty big push so we would be buying in relativly big numbers.

Has anyone had experience with this at all?

I have come across americanapparel.net but the Europen price list (I'm in Ireland) is in German.

I'd really appreciate any advice or links

Thanks

Hi i contacted some T shirt ppl when i was at college and got free samples (dressed for free)

heres a link that might be of use

http://www.kellysearch.com/product-8577.html

when u say limited are u talking small runs and if so how small ?

pm me some details eg prices run numbers when u get a spare minute, or post them might be of some interest to others out there

bp

Ok I have always wanted to create cool t shirt graphics and sell them, but have never found anyone to help out with that kind of project. Would thier be a chance of adding someone else to your "team"

Let me know.

-BS

Have you guys never heard of Cafepress:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/

They do all the work, you just come up with the graphics and get a cut.

hhmmm are you sure you know what you are doing? Dont think I'm doubting your cababilities but, I cant help but think this maybe a bad idea. Before you do dive straight in ask yourseldf a few questions.
    • Who is your audience?
    • Are you a well known designer?
    • what style are you going to use?

When people buy t-shirts from designers, they are buying the statement that goes with it, for example, if you buy a t-shirt from Thomas Brodahl or K10K, then the statement you are making is "hey...look at me arent I cool...I know about these designers and look I'm wearing there t-shirt. Will you have the same effect?

Just a few points to thik about before pouring money into something that has alot of potential to fall flat on its face.

If you are serious and choose to ignore what I have said then this link may be of some use to you http;//www.madmerch.com

Good Luck

were you talking to me? if so I wasn't going to sart till I am a well known designer
    ITS ME BLUESAMURAI!

Originally posted by BlueSamurai_v2
    were you talking to me? if so I wasn't going to sart till I am a well known designer
    no, but it applys to us all anyway

Thanks for all the replies. I haven't had a chance to look at the links properly yet.

Initally we are hoping to sell the t-shirts locally rather than online. We've being looking into it and a couple of independant retailers said they would be interested in stocking some of our stuff.

We rethought the quantities and instead of producing large quantities of the t-shirts we may just do 10-15 of each design. The selling point would then be exclusivity rather than just price/design alone.

Qetret with regards being a well known designer (which I'm not) I don't see this as being an issue. If you go into a shop and see a t-shirt you like would you not being buying it on it's own merits rather than who made. Hopefully in the future we'd become a recognisable brand name but for the moment would the products not sell purely for being "a cool t-shirt"?

Maybe I misunderstand how people buy.

Thanks again for the links