A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gradient Palette component

If you are actually dragging the canvas movieclip about as opposed to using the pan asset up, you will definitely run into problems, as the scale and zoom are based on stage coordinates (and the canvas's relation to them), which you are altering by draggingthe clip around. It's possible, but you'll have to go into the code and place offset variables every time that the canvas looks for a vertex position in a shape. Lot of fiddling, I'm afraid, and I'm not sure that it would work straight off anyway. Is the pan as it's set up not working for you?

I have ear-mites! Help! MONSTERBOY's Avatar
    Thanks for the quick reply,
    the problem im facing is that im trying to zoom in the shapes and a background image together at the same time, i could set a xscale and a yscale for the image clip but the problem is that that shapes are zoomed in by using your math logic that is not going to work for the image. for example if i draw a line around a face on a photo of me and i try to zoom in, the shape would start shifting to the right or left, and wouldnt stay on the area i drew it on first.
    when i zoomed the canvas clip everything on it zoomed and it worrked fine, i know i changed the x and y for the shapes which is the reason it didnt work.

My question is, is it possible to get the same effect when zooming the canvas movie clip without missing up the scale and zoom tools.

i was thinking that if i can read the x and y values for the shapes after i xscaled, and yscaled the canvas, and maybe have the scale tool read those values, but im not sure if that is a possible way. i noticed that whenever i zoom in the canvas, the scale reads the original values of anchors for the shapes...

Thanks Alot