• original

5 83.33%
  • simple

1 16.67%
  • backwards d

0 0%

Thread: your opinions needed

your opinions needed

Could you give me your opinions please on the logos ive attached. The first 1 is the original logo but I dont like it personally and the other 2 I have done quickly to try and improve upon the original. All feedback would be greatfuly apreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

IMHO, I am leaning towards the first. I think you should head in that direction. Not too crazy about the tilt though. The bottom two look like "buttons," and not logos.

I think the first as well, though it would be a lot nicer imho if you got rid of the 3d element and outside circle.

try to keep it simple and relevant with a logo, I have no idea what's going on in the bottom two but they look like silly putty not logos for a designer

also the lettering, if it is irregular, as it is in logos 1 and 3, with the backwards D it looks like it spells CaP. I can't think of a reason why you would use irregular lettering unless you're trying to emphasise something, but I can't see what in this case.

I'd stick with the original, lose the 3d element, drop the outer circle and change the lettering of 'CDP' so it's all regular.

Shameless Newstoday Plug
    I agree with Aversion.

Be careful with the 3d feel, because when you go into printing, it'll look like crap, especially if you need to fax something with your letterhead.

<<< Hopefully less of an a**.

k thanks for your help guys much apreciated. taking the 3d thin into consideration, only reason that its 3d was cos i designed it in a 3d program before i did it in photoshop i know backwards but never mind lol. ty for all your help

what does cdp stand for?Design ... it could be anything.Designing an interieur is also design.So if it's a graphic company use words like communication,graphic design company,media solutions,...

Design your logo in illustrater.Don't try to make a 3d effect.You can use this effect>yes but only if u use it as an animation.Don't forget a logo is the image of your company.So if your logo is in fullcolor(cmyk,rgb) it has to stay this way.

Logos are designed in illustrater for about 95% of the time.If you make a logo you got to think in different ways.For print it has to be possible to color the logo in 1color,2colours(pantone),cmyk(fullcolor).Another thing you have to know is the logo readable and still nice at say 20 pixels.How whill I use the logo in my designs.Like >the logo is always placed left top ,U always use the same type for advertising,web,buisness card,... all this things make the image of your company.

Sorry for all the comments but now you'll maybe have a better idea of what a logo is and stands for.

Grtzz,

Modulater

i apreciate ever single comment im just starting and so the more advice the better. If im right are you saying that my logo should really be designed to be a grayscale logo either white or some shade of grey, which can then be aplied with a colour if needed?

If your logo has different possibilities like
    >one color fill
    >2color fill(pantone)
    >2color fill>pantone converted to cmyk(for print) or rgb (for the web)
    >cmyk (or rgb) logo converted to grayscale

You have a great logo,if you don't forget the minimal scale!
    Is the logo still clear at low size.

If the logo is good at grayscale and one color fill you can make your choice witch one to use for faxing>I would choose one color fill(black).

If you have all the possibilities you have the start of your corporate image.This way you can use your logo to the maximum in design.If I have a folder or advert.to design and I have to place a logo there>if it's a bad logo I make it as small
    as possible and try to avoid attention to the logo.But if the design is good you directly have more inspiration.The design could then communicate with the logo.

Btw the best is to strart designing in color then look if you can change it to the other possibilies.

Don't forget once you've chosen your colours>I'm talking about 2colours same in cmyk,rgb these colours you have to keep.It's your image of your company.

That's about all I guess,

Grtzz

yea do what Aversion said to the first one. It looks like 2A's logo

yeah i thought it loked like 2as logo thats why i was redesining it.
    thnx for everyones help ill design it as a vextor in freehand when i get some time and post it up to see wot u guys think.

hi again did a quick redesign in flash doing the logo as a vector image and here it is

Shameless Newstoday Plug
    Actually, I disagree with modulater on one point.

I feel that it is essential to create the logo in black and white before expanding into color or greyscale.

The reason behind this is that you have no guarantee that you will always be able to use color printout of your logo. It's important to know how well your logo stands up in terms of reproduction, such as photocopying, faxing a letter to a potential client, newspaper ads etc.

If you work in black and white first, straight off you know that you have a strong graphic of your logo that can stand on its own black and white. From there, you can expand on the color scheme for use in motion graphics, graphic design, and of course web design.

And that way, you won't find disgusting surprises when you convert your logo from color into a simpler color format.

This is merely a suggestion. As the saying goes, 'to each his own.'

<<< Hopefully less of an a**.

thanks alot for your opinions on logo design its helped me alot.Here ive got a black, white, and a colour version of my logo.
    wot you guys think?