A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scroll bar/ masking pro blems

Hybrid View

scroll bar/ masking pro blems

Okay here is the problem. I created this site and everything pretty much works. But if you go to setlists, a mask/scrollbar is to appear, but when you click on the page nothing but a jpeg appears. Can someone look at the script for "setlists" and tell me what i did wrong. I followed the directions in the tutorial but I must have missed something. Give it time to load, I have not put preloader/percentage bar on it yet.vertical

If you really, really want help please provide the swi

It's the only true way to resolve what is or isn't happening.

Frets

sorry, I had thought I had linked the file, realized that I had linked it in "black". I found that I can "Unmask" the file but then nothing works. It's a big file too.
    Thanks in advance
    Brett

Wow. I downloaded the .swi, and that's the first thing that came to mind.

Each Object Group in your movie really should be a scene in order to simplify your life. It also allows you the opportunity to animate the objects in the group.

As for your scroller sprite, the first problem is the mask. You need to use a different object as the mask, not an object that is part of the scroller. To see what I mean, draw a rectangle that is about the size of teh area you want to view, and play the scene.

The second problem is that the sprite cannot be in a group and be the target of a Tell Target action. This is from the SWiSH Help files under the topic Tell Target:
    Note: Sprites that have Mouse Events or are inside a Button State cannot act as targets, even if they have a name. Also Sprites that are within an unnamed Sprite or a Group can only be referred to from within the Sprite itself (i.e. from one of the objects inside the Sprite)
    You've got a good start with some great looking stuff. Create scenes, move the groups into those scenes, then UnGroup them. Once that's done, use your buttons to Goto Frame 0 of Scene (whatever).

Also, your scroller will work.
    While changing my profile, I accidentally clicked the link that said
    "Add 'Dead Rabbit' to your Ignore List"
    so now I can't talk to myself anymore...

The Repository -:- The Forum

I went I did most of everything that you suggested. Started off with changing everything to scenes, thus speeding up the editing process. I was able to fix the masking problem with your suggestions. The scroll bar semi works and there lies the problem. The text goes up and the bar goes down but I can't get the bar to actually work. Plus what should be masked isn't. I am definately a hacker when it comes to this program. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Yours Brett

Post or link to the modified .swi - I'll take a look.
    While changing my profile, I accidentally clicked the link that said
    "Add 'Dead Rabbit' to your Ignore List"
    so now I can't talk to myself anymore...

The Repository -:- The Forum