A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Any good programs for non-artistic people?

Any good programs for non-artistic people?

I have no artistic ability what-so-ever, I know exactly what I want. I have to find a way to create graphics by myself because I can never seem to find the words to describe what exactly I want to get done. Does anyone know of a computer program that could make graphics design a little easier?

as far is i know... if you want to draw a picture, you have to draw it. no program can draw for you (i may be wrong)

why don't you just get someone else to do the graphics for you. if you keep in touch then you cab keep explaining what you want to the artist to do untill the graphics are perfect.

thats what i'm doing (only the other way round) cos i can't code to save my life !!! so i just ask people if they would like to help me make a game.

just post up your basic idea and style, and when someone is interested, you can PM them or e-mail them to get exactly the graphics you want.

hope that helps... probaly not eh?

PWFilms
    Heh, what I do is just think of what I want, then go to clipart.com, "borrow" a picture from there, and trace it over with the pencil tool so I'm not doing anything illegal. It works great. Theres so many damn pictures at clipart.com...

not that i agree with that method, i thought i might help some people with the whole 'robbing the clipart from clipart.com'... (As Right Click is disabled)

1) find the page with the image u want
    2)click File>Save As...
    3)Choose a nice place, or make a new folder called something like 'i steal pictures from clipart.com which is low.... '
    4)Save
    5)Look thru the folder made in the folder you made.... something like 'Clipart_com_images'
    6)find ur pic, and copy it....... and, uh, 'trace it' like out buddy at PWFilms

Lol, no offence, but the whole point in clipart.com is for them to make money... robbing their images is harsh......

Also, isn't it unsatisfying?

LOL, not my place to argue... Good Luck!

PWFilms
    Hehe, well, when the man brings you down, you need to get low. Or... something like that. It's not actually steealing, per se, more of a... "idea giver." Though I do draw a ton of my own stuff, I only use clipart when I really need something interesting. Like Ice Cream Jesus...

i can't draw a straight line so i use swift3d to create my characters/objects. swift3d is a simple 3d modelling program that uses basic shapes to build an object. now it's not gonna paint you a mona lisa but it can create objects/characters (especially for games). as i said it requires no talent to create things but it does require patience and mabey a little lateral thought to break your object down into simple shapes.
    this is a tut i did on using swift3d;
    http://www.nlc.net.au/~oceana/tutori...swiftville.htm
    if you would like to know more you can go here;
    www.swift3d.com
    or here;
    www.erain.com
    if you got questions about it you can go here;
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/forumd...php?forumid=20
    or here;
    http://www.erain.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
    hope this helps
    blinkok
    ps: i think it's about 170 odd dollars
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Thanks

Thanks for the help.

If you are interested in doing people, Poser is a great package with a bunch of pre-designed people models that you can dress up and pose in any position you want.

There are also different models and additional clothing you can buy as well.

You can download a demo at http://www.curiouslabs.com/.

borngamer