A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: JPG to SWF using JAVA

JPG to SWF using JAVA

Hey, what a coincidence, there's a post about java libraries for generating SWF.....anyway....here it goes:

I’m developing a java library for generating swf files (yes yes, i know there’s a free swfJava library, but anyway, I’m reinventing the wheel, cause i like it)....anyway, up to know i can add frames to the main movie, draw basic shapes, and import jpegs.

So i was messing around and made a little app that uses the library, it needs Java Rutime environment.

Download the zip file, unzip it. Tester4.class is the main class, the one you gotta execute, so you should add this one to your CLASSPATH in order to execute it from the desired directory

How to run it? Like this:

Java tester4 something

Where something must be replaced by the name of a JPEG, and it will convert it to a swf file (it’s size will be 50% the original one). If you do this in the DOS promp:

Cd My_images
    Java tester4 berlin

If there’s a pic (jpg file) named berlin.jpg, A file named berlin.swf will be generated, with the pic inside it.....

I’ve just tried under windows, using the JDK 1.4...i hope it works for you.

It’s a beta version, i was just playin with my library, so i don’t think i’ll go on developing this, unless i turn it into a commercial software (which in the end is my real goal=

Hope you like it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.