A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: i have issues : P

i have issues : P

collision detecting issues . The character in my platform game never seemes to be on the ground completly. i used marmottes open source and his was fine! i dont know what i changed. if marmotte is reading this please explain what "distance" var means, and what the number that is added to the _y in function move.

do a try, i think you can delete it completely, and only using one hitTest instead.

> i used it for my kid icarus game also. it was used to give your limit a certain height, for example in kid icarus, it was used when you was in crouch position; you had the ability to walk below some solid walls, thing you cannot do if you were in stand position. do you understand?

have you tried to put the character inside your MC several pixels below?

i kindof understand, but now what i really want to know is how you made it so when you are ducking you can go under diff walls. is that what the distance var is for?

sorry for my english

yes, here the same example with kid icarus:

1) the player is in stand position: distance = 10
    2) the player is in crouch position: distance = 5
    what is it used for:
    when in stand position, the player cannot walk into platforms that are right in front of him (if there are any). but if he crouches, then he can go further, below the platform.

there's only one platform like that in my kid icarus port, maybe try it out; it's located at the left, after you jump up one or two "floors". more precisely, when there's that door, look at the left of the screen.

thanks!