dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unique interfaces/navigation

Unique interfaces/navigation

Does anyone here know of any brilliant ideas for functional navigation and interfaces?

Seρor member
    Check out the movies section on FK and look at navigation, there's lots of cool stuff in there
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

••••••••••••
    whoswe.com sems to be getting a lot of praise for its nav - give them a try..

kazooma.com

WhosWe isn't really as good as people hype them up to be. If you dont believe me go look at some of their portfolio work. They even have some artwork they did where there are 2 cats humping each other and it is displayed as client work for a DJ club or something. I mean Who would show that?

They are a poor mans version of the interface work Der Bauer pioneered a few years ago with their 3d interface work.

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    Originally posted by PaulAmbrose
    WhosWe isn't really as good as people hype them up to be. If you dont believe me go look at some of their portfolio work. They even have some artwork they did where there are 2 cats humping each other and it is displayed as client work for a DJ club or something. I mean Who would show that?

They are a poor mans version of the interface work Der Bauer pioneered a few years ago with their 3d interface work.
    I back that comment

Oh so I'm not the only 1 that thinks they are overrated then lol.

In the past when I said anything negative about them I always got my head bitten off 'coz it seemed I was the only 1 that thought that way.

whos we is the best 3d i have ever seen in a website. that belongs in a website. not just 3d models thrown into a site and say its a website. as far as there released work goes, that really blows, cept that nelly promo thing with the water, that was ill.
    http://www.whoswe.com/nelly i think.
    maybe.

No offense Mr. No-Tec but.

http://www.flash4all.de/productions/OLD/derBauerII.htm

That is the best 3d yet seen on a website and that is from 3+ years ago.

Whosewe is simply a collection of Free 3d models from places like 3d Cafe and a a cracked version of 3d Studio Max. I hate to burst your bubble..but you could download all of their models for free from various resources with the exception of maybe their Whoswe TV interface thing.

Sure they have some skill I'm not taking that away from them. I'm just saying they are far from being the best. Their client work shows they aren't all that.

Like I said...They are a poor mans Der Bauer.

Can we move on yet

i tend to agree with no tec. whos we site is the best 3d site i've ever seen on the internet.
    paulambrose...i know for a fact that they DID NOT use free models. and they didnt even use 3d studio max to make the site. so please stop just making stuff up.
    as for thier client work, yea its below par...but i think its due to the fact that they dont really have a traditional web designer over there. and most of thier "client" work is somehow related to the whos we owner.

bottom line, if you want a cool 3d website, go with them. if not...i'd go somewhere else.

Originally posted by No-Tec
    not just 3d models thrown into a site and say its a website.
    Are you kidding...thats exactly what it is. Hence the stupid long load time. I don't care what connection you are on that is just massive, and all due to a load of long rendered 3d movies in flash. Just not practical for the web, might work for media cd, not on a web page though.

People just giving them way to much credit.

But everyone thinks different. Just the way i look at it i guess.

Originally posted by jx2002
    i tend to agree with no tec. whos we site is the best 3d site i've ever seen on the internet.
    paulambrose...i know for a fact that they DID NOT use free models. and they didnt even use 3d studio max to make the site. so please stop just making stuff up.
    as for thier client work, yea its below par...but i think its due to the fact that they dont really have a traditional web designer over there. and most of thier "client" work is somehow related to the whos we owner.

bottom line, if you want a cool 3d website, go with them. if not...i'd go somewhere else.
    Wow..i guess FK doesn't allow people to have opinions. Hopefully someday you might let me express mine. I'm sorry but the WhosWe 3d isn't exactly cutting edge. Its cool in a cartoony way though I give it that.

I find this much cooler use of 3d

http://www.dform1shiftfunc.net/
    or how about the DerBauer.de link I posted earlier.

Im sorry but I like more photorealistic 3d than something rendered in Brazil. Ooops..they didn't use 3DSM..What did they use?

How did a unique interface/navigation topic turn to whoswe flame? They don't have any navigation.

Current firstborn is one of my favorites.

paulambrose...you werent expressing opinions you were making things up. they used lightwave. enough already.

like skd said...lets get back on topic with this one please.

Whoa dude...relax. No need to be nasty.

I'm entitled to my opinion.

WhosWe isn't a good 3d company. They are just a watered down cartoon version of DerBauer. Compared to the links i've already shown, their work is simplistic and average. If you try and even compare the WhosWe site to this:

http://www.flash4all.de/productions/OLD/derBauerII.htm

it is comical how basic it all looks.

The fact that I didn't know it was Lightwave is a trivial one and an easy mistake. It very easily could have ben 3DSM with Brazil so there is no need to be a jerk about it. As far as Free models go, my bad. I could go and download stuff that is of comparable quality from a couple of places. They may not be "Free" models, but they aren't highly detailed models. Lets just leave it at that. We aren't in the pit of a StaticX concert. Chill out.

If you are talking about an "Interface" I would say that www.firestormpc.com is a fine example of an "interface". Otherwise I think the best interfaces out there are designed for Video Game Huds or the Huds for movies. Anyone ever seen the HUD work that www.teknoel.com did for SWI? amazing stuff.

••••••••••••
    ...wish I'd kept me mouth shut now...!

kazooma.com

na PaulAmbrose, wasnt trying to be nasty. i just know that aversion is going to either lock this thread or delete it althogether. oh well. funny you say static x...thats my favorite band!!

i checked www.teknoel.com, they had some cool stuff.

as for firestormpc...i think that interface could be done in photoshop. just some beveling it looks like to me.

ya that is pretty nice. i just like the feel of whoswe though. its not traiditional 3d. just my opinion, which are all entitled to as has been said 50 times in this thread.
    maybe.

Paul

Give me a break. if you even think that derbaur link even holds a candle do the 3d on whoswe you're nutts. That's like trying to compare a gpc to a marlboro. No comparison. If whoswe's 3d is so average how about you make a site that is just as good. Oh.... you cant pull that off yourself? You mean you would have to steal a graphic or get one from those "free" sites. Ahhh gottcha ok. Some critic you make aye.

My intent wasn't really to start an arguement on that company.

fine..its not average..but its cartoony & cheesy looking.