dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unique interfaces/navigation

ok

then remake the cartoony and cheezy 3d. Makes perfect sense for someone who knocks it to obviously have the skillset to remake it no? I know for a fact there have been several cheezy attempts and all failed miserably to the point to where people even used decompilers just to get the graphics. I hear they will eventually release version 2. Im sure when that happens even derbauer will bow in awe.

Fredo is that you?

Hey..its just my opinion plain and simple. Seems to me like we have a couple of defensive WhoseWe employees lurking here or something Geesh. Everyone just relax. I'm not flaming and I'm not poking fun. A few of you just keep drawing the conversation back out though. I made a simple comment about it and 2 people go absolutely bonkers like they work for them or something.

Hey..if I'm wrong..no worries.

Listen..if you want someone who "I THINK" did a better job with your white rendered look Take a look at Tetsoo.com. That person has a much better "design" style and a better overall layout & concept. No offense, but its been said before. WhosWe dosn't have a competent designer on staff. Sure they have a 3d Person. but Designer to design an informational website? No.

No offense..but WhosWe shouldn't be lurking at Flash Message boards. If their goal is 3d then they should be looking for props at CGChannel.com or something where the real 3d Action is going on. Flash is just a medium for displaying their work. Does WhosWe wow a bunch of kids. yah. Is the WhosWe site cool looking? Yah. Is it cartoony? Yah. Dont sweat it.

Should I remake cartoony & cheesy 3d site? No. Why? Then I would be a ripper. Besides..i'm just an amateur 3d guy. But.. Style is style. I dont have to understand how you rendered out a blue neon cigar to know I dont think it looks as good as a photorealistic cigar..or a photorealistic interface like DerBauer did 3 YEARS AGO.

As far as v2 of their site goes. Yah..i would love to see something blow away Der Bauer. We need some new inspirational work out there. Its been a while since I said WOW. Hopefully v2 does that. Until then I prefer What Der Bauer did 3 years ago. Sorry. Just an opinion.

Hey..can we talk about a cool interface again? How about www.dotu.net By far one of the best sites ever.

paul

I dont work for whoswe. I appreciate the assumption though. I just dont like critics. Specially when their comparisons are as off as yours were.like watching an old episode of Siskel and Ebert.. there was always one you wanted to strangle. No offense.. I dont want to strangle you ...

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar

Re: paul

Originally posted by jadon1979
    I dont work for whoswe. I appreciate the assumption though. I just dont like critics. Specially when their comparisons are as off as yours were.like watching an old episode of Siskel and Ebert.. there was always one you wanted to strangle. No offense.. I dont want to strangle you ...
    if you don't like critics then why are you in the "cool sites" section of flashkit forums, it's all about people posting cool sites then people offering their opinions.

PaulAmbrose, respect to your comments.

I have said this before about whos we, they obviously have some greate 3D talent, they are just in the wrong part of the industry, they prsent themselves as a web design outfit, they look great on the surface but there web design skills are pretty bad. If you take a catwalk supermodel, she looks great, but she walks like a pengiun, she is not gonna get a good rep, looks great on the surface, but can't do her job!! kind of an odd comparison but you could take pretty much any proffesion and see my point.

Derbauer is similar, there flash websites are pretty poor, 3D is awesome, but at least with derbauer there flash sites seem proffesional.

paul ambrose...you just went on and on talking about how you like realistic 3d stuff...saying whos we is TOO cartoony. then at the end of your post you tell everyone to check out what.....a cartoon site!!?? dude....that just doesnt make any sense at all. if you are going to argue, at least argue and be consistent about it.

Its called trying to get this thread off of WhosWe and back on track.

Pull your head out.

yes, can we drop this and move on? That would be just lovely thanks.

and let's all try to be nice huh?

yeah paul for real. you say you arent bashing or poking fun but than the very next few lines you say they dont have a competent designer on there team amungst other things. come on now. i understand where youre coming from but youre the whole whos taking the most offense to the comments. maybe you need to relax. jx2002 is right too.
    paul- you make good points and have great punctuation but you blow it by making comment after comment that is meant to degrade WW.
    maybe.

and yes dotu and all of FI's sites are some of the best
    sites / navigation i have ever seen. IMHO
    maybe.

good god, is there no way to stop people squabbling? It's no wonder the rest of flashkit sees this forum as a joke.

ya i know, right.
    maybe.

Originally posted by Gloomycus
    http://www.de-construct.com/
    What the heck is that?

I'm glad I saw debaur's old site for the first time, and how they are truely respected in the flash community.

-Kac

Originally posted by Kac
    What the heck is that?

I'm glad I saw debaur's old site for the first time, and how they are truely respected in the flash community.

-Kac
    Awesome site