A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pricing Question

Pricing Question

Is there someone who could help me with this question?

When I do a Swish Intro, or web page, or resume for someone and would like to arrive at a $ figure for its cost..... is there some sort of guidelines that can be used for this??.... and yet remain competative??

I know that some do not charge by the hour but rather by the job. How can a person come up with a figure for this and arrive at a fair but competative figure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

JWR

Do a quick search in this forum for your answer. This has been discussed many, many times.
    Welcome to FlashKit!

Thanks!

JWR,
    Just wanted to quickly say that there are two overriding factors in freelancing that will help you arrive at a good rate to charge...
    1) what you want to make, and
    2) what the client is willing to pay.
    I have done jobs at discounted rates because we needed the work, and have charged more for jobs because the client was willing to pay it.
    Conversely, I have turned down jobs because I couldn't force myself to do the work for too little money, and have also given the client a tremendous break on services when they thought it should cost more.
    It's really up to those two factors in the end.
    As you do more business, you will get a better feel for how much your time and work is worth to you, and what you should charge as a "standard" rate.

Hope that helps... also, remember to search this forum... really, a LOT of great info.

Jay

Pricing Question

Thanks Jay for your help.

Blessings
    JWR

someone posted in another thread asking this question a link to a site that showed the avg income of different jobs, mainly web design jobs. i think it also showed the hourly rate. thats pretty helpful to get you started, also a lot of times a client states his maximum budget, so u can just use that or take a lil less, do the project, divide total money by hours you worked and then you get your $/hr you just made. if u think it was a reasonable price round it to a solid round number. if too cheap, higher it. if too much (heh dont think you'll run into this problem), lower it.
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

funny how this was above a thread that said
    billing question, not another ENDLESS priceless question
    no offence, jwr, and welcome to fk