dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I AM THE GREATEST DESIGNER IN THA WORLD!

Hybrid View

Question

SIKE!!!!!
    Haha Fooled yoo! I bet yoo came here just to shut me down. Just messin around. I'm in a bit of a strange mood today and was hoping to showcase some of my recent work and revisions. My stuff is interesting so if yoo want to see something to "turn yoor head" check ma link. If yoo wouldn't mind...

check out

http://www.geocities.com/poopie_c/

and

http://www.geocities.com/poopie_c/krzko.html

Peace
    Fragile
    (a nuisance to society)

caithness massiv
    good stuff... i think you're on to something with that second link...

keep in mind that when you make a button (like the "help" button) your hit state needs to be solid, and should envelop the word...otherwise, you end up with a button field that has holes in it...then the animation has a tendency to be jumpy...

keep it up!

Checking Your New Work

Hey,

I do like the second link as well. However, I'm not sure about the font on the menu. Perhaps I do actually have that on installed. What is it called?

Greybro

Re: Checking Your New Work

Originally posted by Greybro
    Hey,

I do like the second link as well. However, I'm not sure about the font on the menu. Perhaps I do actually have that on installed. What is it called?

Greybro
    what's up ma brutha... long time no chat... How ya been? i'm gonna try and get yoo yoor intro by the end of this week... but... that's if I don't have to look for a new job! YIKES! Yeah had a real ****ty day today... hopefully faith will lead me thru ya know? craziness... thanks fer the input... Peace ma brutha! oh and I almost forgot... it's pixelpoint but I gotta work it out so yoo can recognize it... anyhooooo peace
    [Edited by fragile on 10-24-2000 at 01:32 PM]

Originally posted by agent vivid
    good stuff... i think you're on to something with that second link...

keep in mind that when you make a button (like the "help" button) your hit state needs to be solid, and should envelop the word...otherwise, you end up with a button field that has holes in it...then the animation has a tendency to be jumpy...

keep it up!
    That's strange... I have an invisible square over the text to prevent that... hmmmmmmmmmmmm agent vivid... yoo don't happen to work for the baroness do yoo? I"VE GOT IT! YOOR A SPY SENT BY MAJOR BLOOD AND THE BARONESS TO DESTROY ME! WELL NOW I KNOW AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE! GO JOE!
    Thanks for the input ma brutha... Much appreciated

You're a Hoot Man!!!

I'm going to email you the permissions to absolutezero.org ftp and put the fla's up there for you as well. Have at em. That site is just my playground now as that band has sort of turned into a studio only deal with a different name. Check it out at

http://www.typicalillusion.com

ARoooooooooooooooooooo!!!1
    Greybro

caithness massiv
    damn...you've blown my cover !!! the baroness will be mighty upset, now.

knowing may be half the battle, but the other half is always fighting... you'd better hope you don't live up to your name when that day comes

anyway--- i took a second look at the second link... i like the colors (and not the font)...and i think you may want to get a better sound loop...it gets annoying after a bit.

peace

Re: You're a Hoot Man!!!

haha thanks ma brutha
    I'm gonna check it as soon as I get the mail. Haha Happy yoo like ma steeze... Gaaaaaarrrrruunnnteed to make ya smile if yoo wuz ta chill with me. I have a tendency to lunch. Anyways... I's bout ready for sum sleep. Alright man I'm out like a lower lip pout.

Awwwww **** yoo didn't like Dj Stretch? Haha yeah I'm gonna put sum otha jams up there. Havna feer. Aye's gon mak us a root toot hollerin jamboree. aNyWaYZ I'm gonna put some other samples up cuz while a song might sound fierce in it's entirity... samples tend to wrek it. Font's no good eh? I'm starting to get that as the consensus... looks like that's out. Pixelpoint good bye. Alright man thanks for the advice. AN I see yoor shwartz is as big as mine. Ahhhhh Lonestar, that is why evil will always triumph over good... because good is dumb.
    Peace

I can't stand...

I can't stand arrogant designers...

The better you get, the less you'll talk...

caithness massiv
    i don't think fragile is arrogant...

Re: I can't stand...

Awwwww did I make yoo angry?
    haha
    man I was just playin around... I'm sorry for what it's worth. Thanks Agent Kensington(I was gonna say secret squirrel but I wasn't sure if yoo watched that cartoon when yoo were a kid. My friend agent vivid is correct... I'm not trying to be arrogant and I apologize if I did. It was supposed to be funny. But then again... it normally turns out that I"M the only one laughing at my jokes. Anyhoooo... just for the record I am not the greatest designer in the world... and, uh... note to self... no more power trip jokes here on flashkit... apparently the natives are a bit restless. Peace and luv ma brutha.

All is forgiven.

My feeling is that jokes are cool, but there is a bad trend going around of arrogance among some of use who have been working hard on our artform.

I respect your progress after many years of hard work, but keep cool, and kind...

Josh

caithness massiv
    Originally posted by josh by gosh
    All is forgiven.

My feeling is that jokes are cool, but there is a bad trend going around of arrogance among some of use who have been working hard on our artform.
    i agree... there are a lot of big heads out there

I don't know how fluent you are in JavaScript, but you might want to make something that tests your viewers browser for the right version of plugin. Try viewing your page (second link) in Flash 3.. Yea, nothing but some strange colors on the left side!

If you need help with this, e-mail.

gracias for the insight

Originally posted by Knoj
    I don't know how fluent you are in JavaScript, but you might want to make something that tests your viewers browser for the right version of plugin. Try viewing your page (second link) in Flash 3.. Yea, nothing but some strange colors on the left side!

If you need help with this, e-mail.
    Thanks for the input mon ami... I haven't had the time to fix up my site recently. Work and life's got a good grip. But I will most certainly hit yoo up in da future. peace an chicken grease without tha cheeessse

caithness massiv
    i don't think chicken grease and cheese go together very well!

Mmmmmmmm

Originally posted by agent vivid
    i don't think chicken grease and cheese go together very well!
    Yummy yum skum badum bum. What?! Yoo sayin Ay'm a bad cook?! Haha

I like the 2nd link as well.

Im actually developing v4 of my personal site here : http://www.rubiconsult.com/rsrv4/template.html that employs the same praystation nav system.

One thing i noticed on your site however fragile, is that the horiz scrolling seemed VERY choppy and the load was interminable (despite my 1.2mbs dsl conn). i'd suggest seriously thinking about shelling out a few buks a month for a host that can deliver your content faster than 30k/sec like the geo*hitties site your on now...

like the beats!!

peace.

yeah i like the second link more

u want a suggestion? try to change of server, hehe geocities... i recommend http://www.virtualave.net is free too

but good job