A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I AM THE GREATEST DESIGNER IN THA WORLD!

caithness massiv
    hey crockett === i like your site a lot! it's clean and the music rocks

you should post it in site check when you get some more content!

HA! a D&B fan amidst us all along!

It's the server... I know... I'm outta there as soon as I'm out of the poor house. Like the loops on yoor site. I'm a bit more of a Usual Suspects, Konflict, Bailey fan then the Bukem atmospheric... but lately I've been heading back to the old Platinum Breaks jam. Anyhoo... I dig yoor work ma brutha... and I know I'll be seeing yoo around. Peace and luv
    Fragile

Agent Vivid and Fragile, thx for comments.

I'll be sure to post the url when i get closer to completion.

peace

Hey Fragile Check this

I'm working on the design for a new client site. What do you think of this nav style? Is it too generic and plain? BTW, ignore the intro as it admittedly is weak.

http://www.theartistslabel.com/tal/tal.html

Regards,
    Greybro

caithness massiv
    Originally posted by Crockett
    Agent Vivid and Fragile, thx for comments.

I'll be sure to post the url when i get closer to completion.

peace
    good!!! i'm really looking forward to it!!

Re: Hey Fragile Check this

Oh my god ma brutha... why has my life been in such a shambles since we last talked? It's as if a Behemoth stepped upon my head and now I'm stuck in hewge pile-o-poo! I'm endanger of losing my job... I'm losing all types of credibility and, ugh... it sucks... it's totally unwarrented and mostly brought about by a woman who doesn't like me. So from my vantage point... I'm looking into other options... I was thinkin about bein a hoe on 14th St in DC... yoo wanna be my pimp? Ok as far as yoor site goes... I like it. HAHA I laughed so hard when I saw the biker guy. Awesome pict... and good text. One small piece of input... yoor composition... I think yoo should take a step back and think about what yoo are trying to accomplish with that. From what I see... that is the only thing that brings the page down. The words don't compliment the foto solely because they move in a continuous direction and, actually... yoo know... I just realized the monitor here at my job is whack and all types of broken with weird bleeding colors(so I'm gonna have to check it out again when I get home in about 30 minutes.) But as I was saying the viewers eye isn't given a direction to go in. Imagine if yoo will, the guy all the way in the lower right corner... and the letters starting in the upper Left corner and slowly work their way to the lower right... and then... when all the words are done... The really nice slice yoo have(the grey shape i have no idea what to call it) rotates out to its position and the buttons slide down the shape to their positions. I must say I really like yoor use of negative space with the font yoo chose for the title. I think it is a very nice touch. In my example... it would be in a different position of course like in the upper left corner. My last comment would also have to be about yoor color scheme. I like the green and the grey and I think they work really well together... but not with the picture of the guy. He has all these reds and blues... maybe one of those colors would work better. Yoo know what... I probably sound like such an ******* right now. Man I hope yoo don't take any of this the wrong way. I really like the site, and I'm just trying to throw possibilities out at yoo to instigate a creative geiser. Man I am friggin tired and cracked, so I'm just going to shut up now.
    Mad luv and great work
    Chris

P.s
    Oh and I haven't forgotten about the intro to Ab 0
    I've just been going insane!

virtual elodea
    hello,
    greatest designers do not host their creations on geocities... hint hint. and certainly have a handlename better than poopie_c. as for the creations of an extra-arrogant designer, they look fine to me, could've used a little bit of excitement.

Awwwwww... I'm sorry.... did I offend thee? Haha come on man... the title was totally a handle chiding everyone's misconceptions, and if yoo'd checked out my other posts yoo would have seen how this works in the same category, with my previous "misconception" posts. But then again since yoo haven't... I can see why yoo replied in the fashion with which yoo did. We all have our own opinions and I most certainly respect yoors. I do see flaws in my own work, which is why I'm redoing it constantly as well as getting others input on it. I've only just started working with flash a little while ago so I'm not expecting to rock the crazy light show. But what I do create... makes me happy and I could honestly care less if I was the greatest designer in the world or not... truth be it... there won't ever be one... considering graphics is based on perception which is constantly changing... which, now that I mention it, might be the reason why I get so bored with my girlfriends... Anyhoo, I appreciate the stoop to insulting a pet name given to me by my friends. Haha yoo do realize yoo are NOT the first person to give me **** about it. Yes, my handle is poopie_c and yes I do say the word poop, and yes I do call people poops... and... AND I do think it is one of the greatest additions to our diction today. Say it... Poooooooooooooooooooop... Poooooooooooop It makes me smile everytime. Haha By the way... do yoo know what elodea means? It means marsh... so yoor handle technically means virtual marsh. I hope we're done here with the silly put downs and yoo could honestly just go through my site and tell me what it is yoo like and don't like... which would have been far more appropriate. So my friend... if yoo are able to take this for what it is... a simple assessment of fact: I'm not the Greatest Designer, and yoo're being a poop... Please take another look at my site and tell me what yoo do and don't like... I would really appreciate it. If not... Peace ma brutha

caithness massiv
    Originally posted by fragile
    But what I do create... makes me happy and I could honestly care less if I was the greatest designer in the world or not... truth be it... there won't ever be one... considering graphics is based on perception which is constantly changing...

I'm not the Greatest Designer, and yoo're being a poop... Please take another look at my site and tell me what yoo do and don't like... I would really appreciate it. If not... Peace ma brutha
    well said there fragile... you always amaze me with your commentary... how somebody can humor me that much i don't know

as for you, :::ve::: ... i'd think more constructive criticism is in order... wouldn't you? i mean, this is a design forum, not a trash talk or 'handle' forum... cheers

Heehee thanks Mon CapITAN! Preshiate yoo lookin out. Haha and happy yoo like ma little comments yo... I gots to email yoo the new revisions to ma site. This is going to be the final copy before I go live. I would LOVE yoor input. I'm at work so I won't be able to send it to yoo until I get home. I'll hit yoo back when I gets home. PEACE!

Best designer in the world. HA. Looks just like other stuff I have seen.

caithness massiv
    lukegibbs ... you should really take the time to read the whole thread before making a stupid comment like this... of course he's not the greatest designer in the world... that's just a tag to get you here so you'll give him some constructive feedback...

and also, i'd watch what you say in general, because it's not like your site is a flash breakthrough or anything... we're all here to help eachother out, not make fun of the hard work that goes into producing a webpage...
    [Edited by agent vivid on 11-02-2000 at 06:59 PM]

After Initially Laughing at Your Response

Hey,

That was a stupid response and truly showed he hadn't read the disclaimer from fragile. however, I found their homepage pretty cool and almost original.

Regards,
    Greybro

Re: After Initially Laughing at Your Response

Agent Vivid&Greybro
    Yo... yoo two rock. Thanks for lookin out. I appreciate yoo keepin the vibe... and if either of yoo two are ever in the DC metropolitan area. Please feel free to look me up(email) for a free place to stay, some homecooked meals, and any other hospitality my harems can offer. Yeah that's right... I gots sum hoes! Haha just playin. I live with two gurls and often make references to them as my biznitchs. For real though... mi casa es su casa.
    And good lookin out keepin tha peace. Mad Luv
    Fragile

Oh and vivid... I like the changes yoo've made to yoor footer. With the addition of the mouseover and the buttons. It's lookin real fly!

caithness massiv
    hey man... thanks a million for the generous offer of hospitality... i've been to DC... and i wouldn't mind going back in the least... i've got my eye on that big-ass diamond in the smithsonian! i want to make an engagement ring out of it!!!!! jk... but anyway, yeah, i've made some improvements on my footer... and i like where it's going! i'm going out of town for a few days, so would you send me an email so i don't forget to check your site when i get back??? peace my brother

N...E... TIME Ma brutha! The invitation is open and I do hope that should yoo choose to come to our Nation's capitol yoo know that I have TWO very comfortable futons, that of course convert to extremely ample beds(so ample infact that my closest friend of 16 years slept on them this entire summer, he's 6'3, and said they were better than his bed at home! he lived like 10 minutes away so it was rather funny that he elected to stay at my place!) Anyhoo... ahhhh ya gettin married? LOOK OUT! Haha That's awesome and I do believe a congratulations is in order. I'll make certain to email you either tonite or tomorrow when I set it up. I don't think I'll make it the homepage just yet but I'll send yoo tha link. Peace ma brutha!