A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: djnatron.de - NEW DJ-Natron

NEW DJ-Natron

http://www.djnatron.de

New version of djnatron is out. Site designed by derbauer.

I liked it, but derbauer seem to copy their own interface much to often.

Cheers

its ok i guess. i'm just not really feeling it.
    as far as derbauer using their own site design its either 1. they did the site for free and didnt want to spend a lot of time on it or 2. thats what the client wanted.

those would be my guesses anyway.

I agree. For once I'd like to see DerBauer do something different. Without a doubt, they have the talent. But this shiny 3-D stuff is starting to look old after 3 or 4 years.

Damn I love it... their design skills are getting better, it isn't just 3d skills anymore... looks great!!!
    glenn

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    The bubbles are actually really cool.
    The animation is pretty lifelike upon mouseover.

Great work as allways.

Originally posted by jx2002
    its ok i guess. i'm just not really feeling it.
    as far as derbauer using their own site design its either 1. they did the site for free and didnt want to spend a lot of time on it or 2. thats what the client wanted.

those would be my guesses anyway.
    Kind of like when WhosWe uses the same Windows XP preloader on 4 different sites. AHAH Just kiddin.

Honestly..i dont care that they re-used their melting bubble "concept" from their site. Does the end user know this? Nah. not at all. Some little raver snizzo going to the site has no clue about DerBauer. She just knows she likes orange cause its the color of her Glow Sticks and the site looks & sounds cool.

Why re-think the wheel. Its a freaking cool effect no matter what you say. The problem is people constantly overthink designs sometimes. My opinion is, go with what works. Just make it tighter and tighter of a design style each time you do something. Why get paid to spend a week coming up with some off the wall concept when you have a method for an effect you've already done that will have the project done one week sooner..and you onto your next site. I dunno..makes sense to me. You could do the following

A) sit down and spend a week tweaking something that may/may not end up looking cool.
    B) Improve upon a concept you already have done and only take a day or less to do.

I choose B for the reasons I said before. That is one more week you can work on another project. Or..another week you can relax before the deadline. Or..another week you can head to the slopes for some skiing. Crap..think of all the things you could do with one weeks worth of time. If you guys have business sense... it makes sense. If you guys are young and still under the impression that every site has to re-invent the wheel... Um.... Its a nice concept in theory.

Anyway..back to the site. Love the colors. Love the simplicity. Love the effects. Great DJ site.

A Clever Cherrry Indeed
    I agree with what your saying mate, when i did the personnel section on our site with dancing vector people a couple of years ago ( www.clevercherry.com - no i'm not trying to get a site plug!!!), using vectors converted from real film, loads of our clients loved it and said that they also wanted it. Which after you have produced the 10th site using the same effect and you've set up the white room and filmed them walking towards the camera in the same way you have for the prevoius 9 clients, cuz that's what they want,it starts to get you down a bit. But if that's what the client wants, thats what they get and you have to leave yer design principals @ the door.

Remember, it's the client that pays the bills @ the end of the day !!!

The site was awful in my opionion, the site theme was hmm.. chrome and orange ? I didn`t get the feel of it at all, you push one oval button and suddenly you are in a squared navigation system...bah nooo... maybe it works for some clients but noo..he should have spent more time on this.

Originally posted by Loafboy
    When i did the personnel section on our site with dancing vector people a couple of years ago using vectors converted from real film, loads of our clients loved it and said that they also wanted it.
    Them people look real nice.

If it’s a quick answer...Any chance you could tell me how you did that lol? Import sequenced images into flash and trace bitmap and cut out what you don’t want? That is only way I can think off, but if you know an easier way, id love to know

As for the site. It didn’t really do it for me, but at the end of the say the site is far from poor. Just my taste I guess can’t mark the site down because of it. I remember a nice music loop they had on a holding page for that site if I'm thinking of the right 1. Would be nice to whack that in there I think.
    Last edited by Ritchie-T; 03-11-2003 at 09:51 AM.

Fly on you crazy diamond. gingerbreadgirl's Avatar
    Originally posted by Loafboy
    I agree with what your saying mate, when i did the personnel section on our site with dancing vector people a couple of years ago ( www.clevercherry.com - no i'm not trying to get a site plug!!!), using vectors converted from real film, loads of our clients loved it and said that they also wanted it. Which after you have produced the 10th site using the same effect and you've set up the white room and filmed them walking towards the camera in the same way you have for the prevoius 9 clients, cuz that's what they want,it starts to get you down a bit. But if that's what the client wants, thats what they get and you have to leave yer design principals @ the door.

Remember, it's the client that pays the bills @ the end of the day !!!
    You can windmill Loafboy?

You get three for that!!

Not really a fan of this one for some of the reasons stated by Johnny Shiro above.

the "terminator fluid metal guy effect" on the buttons rawks!
    minor points are the "stretchy" images and bad typography..

not a bad site though

not sure about this one, something a little to jell-o about it

its not easy being green

Interesting

I'm impressed with the clean site look and yes it does look like a "derbauer" site but isn't that the point? They have a style and its recognized. It's like Futurama...its got the same "style" as the Simpsons but its used in a different way...

If that explanation didn't work, then forget about it...

Navigation-wise I had no problem getting through the site so I think they've achieved their goal. I think the target market for this site would certainly be "wowed" by the look and feel. Remember, they didn't design this site for web designers...

A Clever Cherrry Indeed
    I sure can windmill and @ 31 that aint bad

Bruised my back for about 2 weeks after it tho

Market Monkey

Design? What design?

I wouldn't really say that the site has outstanding design. I do enjoy the graphics and the color scheme seems to work pretty well, but it seems like most of the site isn't really designed. It is just a bunch of boxes with text in them.

But, like any other site that we come across, good typography and design isn't necessarily the aim of the site. For most people, the snappy background image alone qualifies as design...