A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: JPEG quality doesn't change on export in MX!?!

JPEG quality doesn't change on export in MX!?!

Hey all!

I'm not sure what's up, maybe I'm missing a preference or something, but I've looked long and hard.

I've just started using MX instead of 5 and for some reason no matter what the JPEG quality level I set it to on export, it doesn't change it. If I set it to 1 the filesize and appearance is the same as if I set it on 100. In fact if I set it to 1 it still looks like it doesnt optimize at all.

I've looked and looked and looked but I'm stumped. I never had this problem with 5.

Thank you for any help!!

*bumpin* 'cause it's driving me crazy!

try putting a .gif format pic and watch~

What exactly do you mean by that?

Does anyone else have any idea what might be going on?

Banned
    Double-click your picture in the Library and uncheck Use imported JPEG data, set the Quality to 1... You should see a difference!

OK, now I see.

In Flash 5, though, the JPEG quality I picked on export, in the publish settings, set a global quality to the movie, for all the graphics. This doesn't seem to have any effect in MX.

Am I going to have to go through and pick a separate jpeg quality for every image I import? Is there some sort of preference I'm missing here?

'Cause I just can't find this and it's driving me nutso. I have a movie I'm working on with a lot of bitmaps, I it'll be a bummer if I have to go through and apply a separate optimization setting to each one.

Thanks for any insight!!!