A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: site check plz!

site check plz!

Can you guy help me out with a quick site check/critique of
    www.merrellwithers.com
    I did it for a friend who has started his own company. It is his portfolio site. Also, What would you charge for something like this? He gave me the pics and had all of the sizing and resolution done already, but I did everything else. Just wanting an idea of the ballpark I need to be in for charging him.
    Thanks

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Love the white space, though you could stand to put a little more in certain areas. The site looks clean and professional. My only suggestion is to up the frame rate.... ALOT!

This will make for smoother animations.

Good work!

I am viewing this site from a university LAN with a extreeeeemly slow connection, and the site opens quite quickly: about 30seconds. Normal HTML pages take about as long on this conection.
    Only suggestion I would make is that I find it disconcerting when you click on "results" and the new information appears to the far left of the screen, where the other two buttons makes new information appear in the middle of the screen. And then to go back, you have to clik on the "Home" button. I like the way the other buttons work, that the buttons you have not clicked on go grey and the information appears over them.
    Otherwise very slick indeed.

bumping it back up

impressions:

1. I agree with Lyra in regards to the navigation moving, disappearing, pretty frustrating.

2. Since your splash page has the actual Flash Movie embedded in it, then you may want to state 'if you don't see the animation, then get flash' - or just get rid of the splash and put in a flash detect.

3. would like to see some kind of content on the homepage, i think i sat here for about 6 seconds waiting to see/read something.

4. put a title on the splash page. flash isn't detected in the search engines, but the titles can be.

5. when i click on get flash, you may have the macromedia page open up in a different window, that way the user never leaves merrelwithers.com

Thanks