A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scroll bar component tutorial

scroll bar component tutorial

Does any one know of a good scroll bar tutorials in MX that i can learn how to apply it to text in a specified area. I just spent two hours on a tutorial on scroll bars in Flash 5 and I am still lost. Hopefully the component in Flash MX makes it easier for simple minded artists like myself. Any and all info is greatly appreciated from the great minds out in cyber space. Please hear my prayers oh great ones!!!

I have an icon and U dont! johnwun's Avatar

WAY OFF TOPIC...

I love the way the url gets shortened:
    F...ing text!!!
    sorry... couldn't pass that one up.
    I'll shut up now...
    [a.fun>b.fun ? trace("do(a)") : trace("do(b)");

wundes.com

Banned
    Dirty mind!

Can i apply this new scroll bar to a Flash 5 site inside a scene in MX?

I created the scroll bar and I thank you it worked very well in Flash MX. I took a fla that I created in Flash 5 and brought it into MX. I draged the scroll bar from the new file and placed it into the fla that I created in Flash 5 but just opened in MX. I try to view the scroll bar and it siad that i could not do it. Is there going to be a problem with adding the new scroll bars into pre existing fla files that were previously created in flash 5 but now brought into MX to upgrade? I hope you understand.

Banned
    If you're publishing for Flash 5, then obviously the scrollbar won't work in the Flash 5 player. Was that your question?

no i am publishing in Flash 6 and it is telling me that it cannot do it. Very strange. I brought the Flash 5 fla into MX and saved as a new fla, and added the scroller but it wont attach itslef to the text field as I did when i created a new fla in Flash MX as in the tutorial. This was came up when i went to test the movie in Flash MX.

Do you have any ideas what this means o great one!!!

Symbol=FUIComponent, Layer=Actions: Class, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #initclip 0

Symbol=FUIComponent, Layer=Actions: Class, Frame=1: Line 349: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #endinitclip

Symbol= ScrollBar, Layer=Actions : Class, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #initclip 1

Symbol= ScrollBar, Layer=Actions : Class, Frame=1: Line 369: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #endinitclip

WARNING: This movie uses features that are not supported in the Flash 5 player
    Scene=studios, Layer=Layer 8, Frame=1: Flash MX Text Field Instance Name

Banned
    This is saying you're NOT exporting your movie as Flash 6. Did you double check your Flash Publish settings?

Bingo!!! I took the scroll bar that i created in the tutorial and dragged it into the newly published in Flash MX file and it worked,