A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: taigkhris.com - new 2a site for taig khris...

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Originally posted by aversion
    pffft, don't even attempt to make us feel sorry for you. I think the lack of a plaid shirt is one of the few things you don't have going for you!

What is with you two and plaid shirt discussions? :P

ditto to that...

Firstly, hats off to 2A, specifically Andru for Taig's site.
    All the comments about skaters not being into techy, well, i think that's an old stereotype...they've moved on from that, by how far, well that's a discussion all on it's own.

AND secondly, why is that whenever Tony Novak's around, the discussion always comes back to Miles' plaid shirt collection???
    It's actually kinda humuorous how everything always relates back to this

Tony did you go over to his place one night and catch a glimpse of the Mother Load of all plaid? LMAO
    Just curious!

hey, don't laugh. Your daughter may be in here!!!

Banned by GMF ™
    As a public service announcement to the guy excitedly moving to austin: there are NO design jobs in austin. This may sound like an absurdly sweeping statement, but alas it is true.

I don't want to upset your day or your dreams, but I thought you might as well know BEFORE you get to austin.

There's hardly any design jobs anywhere right now.

true, though it's worse in England than it was in toronto, there's quite a bit of work around there if you know where to look but most of it is boring govt or corp stuff.

Luckily boring is what I'm good at

true, though it's worse in England than it was in toronto, there's quite a bit of work around there if you know where to look but most of it is boring govt or corp stuff.

I'm confused. Are you still in Toronto or back in England?

in england for now.

Banned by GMF ™

I'm sorry but I'm quoting the wrong thing.

What was this agency in Austin you thought he'd "probably want to stay away from" ?

Curiosity has got me.

Very nice looking site, but coding and set-up seem to have been done by Sloppy Joe.

As few people pointed out, easy to "break" and achieve unexpected results.

Not something you'd expect from professionals. Just because Microsoft can't get rid of their bugs shouldn't mean it's ok to upload buggy sites. After all designing a site isn't exactly the same as coding an operating system like Windows.

Let me guess. Another $3000 site sold for $30 000?

in england for now.
    Cool. When you move around do you just move your whole Rigent business with you? You're not big enough to have two offices right?

Originally posted by lady bring
    I'm sorry but I'm quoting the wrong thing.

What was this agency in Austin you thought he'd "probably want to stay away from" ?

Curiosity has got me.
    heh, I was under the impression that whoswe were based in austin, I remember reading an interview with them on flashdevils ages ago and they seem like they're completely out of their trees.

I might be mistaken about austin, when you get to my age you shouldn't rely on memory anymore

Originally posted by gdstudios
    Cool. When you move around do you just move your whole Rigent business with you? You're not big enough to have two offices right?
    nah, we're basically a partnership with a few people working on contract and some alliances. For the government stuff you need to be a vendor of record to even talk to them in canada, and that's a pain in the ass, you have to have something like 38 govt references, so you ally with someone who is a vendor of record and then you contract through them.

being in england hasn't really changed anything, we're based on queen st in toronto and all the work I do comes from there.

Banned by GMF ™
    haha. I'm liking your self deprecating humor. I've sold you short before! (really, some of my threads you closed were quite funny!)

Anyway...whoswe is from dallas, I believe. Or, let me say, dal-ASS.

Austin has some talent, I believe, or let me say ASS-town...but none of it talent you could work for [I believe] in a conventional manner, though I'm not sure about that.

(www.levitated.net www.sofake.com www.pixeltees.com)

Considering it's a smallish town that's not bad. If I were moving somewhere SOLELY for the purpose of getting more flash work...I would definitely go canada.
    Last edited by lady bring; 03-14-2003 at 11:27 AM.

It always rains here!
    Originally posted by Olli_Budworth
    The new site looks amazing, but one thing, on the first flash page, there's a really obvious spelling mistake. In the box in the bottom right, the bit that says 'get on the mailing list', 'receive' is spelt wrong. They've got it spelt 'recieve' rather than 'receive' (the 'i' and the 'e' the wrong way round)

Not a criticism, just thought they'd like to know.
    Anyone else noticed?

Oh I did, but didn't commend you for finding that. It's a common error that my company makes sometimes too.

hey miles, whos we is here in dallas

and no....i wouldnt want to work for them either, not from some of the things i've heard about them.

Perhaps you could help them make better client sites...or have you heard bad things about the people who work for them?

It always rains here!
    Oh I did, but didn't commend you for finding that. It's a common error that my company makes sometimes too.
    Yeah, but if I was paying $xx,xxx for a site, i'd expect something better than a really obvious speeeliing misstayke.

Originally posted by Olli_Budworth
    Yeah, but if I was paying $xx,xxx for a site, i'd expect something better than a really obvious speeeliing misstayke.
    agreed, but nobody's perfect ya know?
    Look what I saw this morning on the msnbc site:

It always rains here!
    agreed, but nobody's perfect ya know?
    Yeah, I know where you're coming from, but i'm just saying that for tens of thousands of dollars that a site like this costs, it should be perfect, or at least not have obvious mistakes - spelling a common word like receive incorrectly is as bad as for example spelling his name wrong, IMO of course.

Other than that, the site is breathtaking and i'm just being picky.

I proof read stuff all the time though, so i'm allowed to be