dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: taigkhris.com - new 2a site for taig khris...

what?

you can't tell me it's not the perfect place to kick back and relax, enjoy yourselves?

Originally posted by aversion
    what?

you can't tell me it's not the perfect place to kick back and relax, enjoy yourselves?

OK thats it!!! stay away from any kind of drugs kids..
    im closing this

closed!! closed...closed??

yeah this is gettin way off topic from the inital post.
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

yeah kony..ur right!
    OK my fellow flashers after a few heineken..
    i feel like posting a "kewl" quicktime mov.
    http://www.angrynakedpat.com/network...e/whinin2.html

Banned by GMF
    That pretty much sums up all my feelings on flashkit in one concise quicktime movie.

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    Originally posted by aversion
    this is a good one
    I vote to ban Aversion for posting that link! evil!!

Feed me , **** me and shut the
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Budget Nudist
    [B]yeah kony..ur right!
    OK my fellow flashers after a few heineken..
    i feel like posting a "kewl" quicktime mov.
    http://www.angrynakedpat.com/network...e/whinin2.html

ha ha ha, that was cool, cracked me up. HA HA HA!!! ****ing nerdy kid.
    LOZAAAR.

Jeay u rap really well!!! lmfao

I may be getting a bit off-topic by being on-topic, but that was one bad-ass site.

One of the first times in a long time i've been wowed. Although some of the load time was a little long, but very impressive effects. And not traditional 2A style..

Great stuff.

.fe.
    Jtt Designs - http://www.jttdesigns.com - Tampa, FL

Originally posted by final_eternity
    I may be getting a bit off-topic by being on-topic, but that was one bad-ass site.
    lol classic
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

mullet king
    this is some great work, loads of attention to detail, loads of great touches

only things i didnt like, were the white text sometimes is set on white areas of the background picture - but you can still figure out what it says, so thats no biggie.

and one more small thing, was the sound from the site didnt switch off when i played one of the pop up movies - bit annoying.

the site runs soo fast on the mac though! one of the best mac friendly pieces of flash ive seen

Originally posted by sixtailer
    If you know anything about 2A you should know that they got to the top by balancing top-of-the-line development with Client Appreciation. its a no brainer.
    In my opinion 2a may have the intentions of creating something the client wants, but it shows that they don't always create what the audience wants. An example is the Realtybid website. The target audience is probably just your average joe wanting to look at a house, bid on a house, etc. 2advanced designed it in a very inaccesible manner with outrageous browsing requirements. My resolution for my monitor is 1024x768, which is about the average that most viewers have now, but still the detection script on the site said that thats not big enough? Your not designing for what you will get, your designing for what you want; and what you want is way off from what you will get. I applaud them for their hard work on it, but its quite evident that it wasn't what was appropriate for what they were supposed to be targeting.

Another example, I can't remember if Eric did it while he was at DesignInsites or having just started 2a as a design studio, is Lasik Plus. The original site placed too much emphasis on flashy graphics and movement and not enough on content delivery. Honestly, the target person who would be trying to view the site wouldn't want to see a 2 minute intro, they just want to find the information they're looking for.
    Last edited by Gloomycus; 03-16-2003 at 11:10 AM.

mullet king
    http://www.realtybid.com what has happened to it?

Anyway, as you can see they did a standard version and an enhanced version man.. some "average joes" like all that flash if they have their new shiney $1600 family computers

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gloomycus
    In my opinion 2a may have the intentions of creating something the client wants, but it shows that they don't always create what the audience wants. An example is the Realtybid website. The target audience is probably just your average joe wanting to look at a house, bid on a house, etc. 2advanced designed it in a very inaccesible manner with outrageous browsing requirements. My resolution for my monitor is 1024x768, which is about the average that most viewers have now, but still the detection script on the site said that thats not big enough? Your not designing for what you will get, your designing for what you want; and what you want is way off from what you will get. I applaud them for their hard work on it, but its quite evident that it wasn't what was appropriate for what they were supposed to be targeting.

Another example, I can't remember if Eric did it while he was at DesignInsites or having just started 2a as a design studio, is Lasik Plus. The original site placed too much emphasis on flashy graphics and movement and not enough on content delivery. Honestly, the target person who would be trying to view the site wouldn't want to see a 2 minute intro, they just want to find the information they're looking for.
    Gloomycus,
    The intentions of your post are good, but i question how much real world experience you have with high ticket clients who come to you with pre-exisiting ideas about their site. (I just noticed you are only 19)

What has completely passed you by is that both of those clients came to DI and 2A with the belief that a high tech branded website was what is best for them. Go back and read my long winded paragraph on a previous page. Bottom line the client should know what is best for their product. If they dont. Then they are screwed as a company to begin with. You as a desinger sitting in canada, or me as a designer sitting in southern california have no clue what it takes to run a succesful re-sale auction company for houses. Or an eye surgery center. We might have some ideas, but as such, you trust the client.

Both clients wanted a High-Tech, Flash, 1024x768 website. Lasik wanted an intro to increase the excitement. You argue why they shouldn't do this. But at the end of the day when they have told you 10x that is what they want. You give it to them. No matter what some opinionated designer might think, in the end they are the client with the money.

P.S.
    I am very intrigued by the fact that the headphones on your DJ Karma site is a screenshot from the Club 01 Intro that Eric did a couple of years ago. Some of the other images look familiar to me as being from a couple of other designer websites. Pretty scandalous. You might want to "fix" that. Have a great day !

Shane
    www.pixelranger.com
    Last edited by pixelranger; 03-16-2003 at 01:52 PM.

what happened to club 01? Did it close down or is the server just down?

Originally posted by pixelranger
    Gloomycus,
    The intentions of your post are good, but i question how much real world experience you have with high ticket clients who come to you with pre-exisiting ideas about their site. (I just noticed you are only 19)

What has completely passed you by is that both of those clients came to DI and 2A with the belief that a high tech branded website was what is best for them. Go back and read my long winded paragraph on a previous page. Bottom line the client should know what is best for their product. If they dont. Then they are screwed as a company to begin with. You as a desinger sitting in canada, or me as a designer sitting in southern california have no clue what it takes to run a succesful re-sale auction company for houses. Or an eye surgery center. We might have some ideas, but as such, you trust the client.

Both clients wanted a High-Tech, Flash, 1024x768 website. Lasik wanted an intro to increase the excitement. You argue why they shouldn't do this. But at the end of the day when they have told you 10x that is what they want. You give it to them. No matter what some opinionated designer might think, in the end they are the client with the money.
    I've told my share of clients what should and should not be done at the risk of losing the project, and in the end they have to decide to trust the judgement of the designer or go find a new designer. I'm doing a website for another DJ right now, he wants the most bizarre things on it, and I have many times just simply said 'no it will not work.' In all honesty I'm not afraid to express my opinion on a clients preconceived notion on what they want their site to look like, good or bad.

As far as the graphic is concerned, I was not aware that it was from the club '01 intro, it was sent to me as part of a package of information and graphics by the client. Any other graphics you may think are from other designer sites were either from stock photography or I created myself.

I don't know if Eric already knows this or not, but you might want to tell him that Jens has caught on to his inclusion of his work on an old site. I'd say thats pretty scandelous.
    Last edited by Gloomycus; 03-16-2003 at 02:21 PM.

And I'm 18.

I don't know if Eric already knows this or not, but you might want to tell him that Jens has caught on to his inclusion of his work on an old site. I'd say thats pretty scandelous.
    jens who??

jens karlsson