A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: taigkhris.com - new 2a site for taig khris...

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by aversion
    pffft, don't even attempt to make us feel sorry for you. I think the lack of a plaid shirt is one of the few things you don't have going for you!

Ahahahaha... Not so! Try being a 31 year-old-majorly-balding-guy with no Plaid Shirt... It's near impossible to make it through each day!
    :: Tony Novak ::
    2Advanced Studios

http://www.2advanced.com/

Originally posted by tpnovak
    Ahahahaha... Not so! Try being a 31 year-old-majorly-balding-guy with no Plaid Shirt... It's near impossible to make it through each day!
    pah! Try being a 32 year old with luscious flowing locks of hair and a plaid shirt... hmmm, ok, you have a good point.

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by gdstudios
    Exactly. 2A employees must have it made...
    Everyone but me! This is how I get depicted around the office

Sad, isn't it? (No respect for the elder balding people I tell you)
    2Advanced Studios

That's just wrong.

2a are one of my favourite studios however not many companies seem to be approaching them for the whole of their corporate branding work. I accept they make killer websites and their production quality is excellent but if you take a look in the multimedia and identity sections of their portfolio, they're not up to much.

I'd be interested to see what they can do with regards print work and video production - take a look at www.kdlab.net they have only 3 members of staff and the scope of work they address far outweighs that of 2a.

Don't get me wrong, nice sites but as a "design studio" they seem fairly limited in what they deliver - is this a marketing issue? I'd be interested in Tony's comments.

Well done on the site though, first class as ever.

Ian

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by optical
    2a are one of my favourite studios however not many companies seem to be approaching them for the whole of their corporate branding work. I accept they make killer websites and their production quality is excellent but if you take a look in the multimedia and identity sections of their portfolio, they're not up to much.

I'd be interested to see what they can do with regards print work and video production - take a look at www.kdlab.net they have only 3 members of staff and the scope of work they address far outweighs that of 2a.

Don't get me wrong, nice sites but as a "design studio" they seem fairly limited in what they deliver - is this a marketing issue? I'd be interested in Tony's comments.

Well done on the site though, first class as ever.

Ian
    Interesting point... But, are you sure you are really refering to "branding" here? It is a little hard to get clients like Ford, Bacardi, Pittsburgh Penguins, AOL, etc... to ditch their existing brand equity. Quite honestly, I'm not sure I could sit through a meeting with a straight face on that topic.

I'm not sure how exactly you weigh "scope of work" between our two companies, but I'd really like to know how you have come about the conclusion as to our "limitations" (or at least what you perceive those limits to be?)

Thanks for the comments on Taig's site as well!
    2Advanced Studios

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar

People have to need or want Identity work before you can do it for them.

KDLab? They are a 3D house mixing 3D architecture with Motion Graphics. They aren't a design studio that does sites Just like we aren't a Print House per se. You are comparing the same type of niche work here. We are great for our niche. They are great for theirs.

I don't get the comparison, KDLAB do great work but they do experimental mixed video/architectural work. It's a weird comparison.

y helo thar
    hrmm, didnt like this site at all. didnt find it up to 2a standards, although i did like the transitions, but the whole feel of the site wasnt smooth enough. Such as the video loops looked pretty cheesy, and i didnt like that they just used boxes for text, maybe i was expecting too much, but ill throw my opinion into the batch.

Fair point, it was a bad example, my apologies.

The point I was trying to make was the studio does not seem to branch out into other areas - maybe weworkforthem is a bettr example.

I was just wondering whether the long term core marketing strategy for 2a is internet or whether they would like to break out into other mediums.

I am not trying to critisize you (I say that while you're online), I am mearly interested. Novak appears to be a key player behind the scenes and I am interested in his thoughts on direction and the future for the studio.

it always snows in Albany, but never in Austin :)
    I like the textures and PS work. I wonder if this was worked on by andru phoenix...
    actually andru used paintshop pro for 100% of the textures. Scratch one up for us PSP users. PS your day has come muwahahhaha

Originally posted by sixtailer
    actually andru used paintshop pro for 100% of the textures. Scratch one up for us PSP users. PS your day has come muwahahhaha
    PSP? No way! Damn, I'm gong to have to start looking into gimp or MS paint so I'm ahead of the trend.

how's life chris?

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Fair point, it was a bad example, my apologies.

The point I was trying to make was the studio does not seem to branch out into other areas - maybe weworkforthem is a bettr example.

I was just wondering whether the long term core marketing strategy for 2a is internet or whether they would like to break out into other mediums.

I am not trying to critisize you (I say that while you're online), I am mearly interested. Novak appears to be a key player behind the scenes and I am interested in his thoughts on direction and the future for the studio.
    WWFT have their roots in print. However, when you poise yourself strictly for new media (as we have), it's very difficult (and not very appealing) to deal with offline media. As such, we have intentionally kept away from print when possible. Instead, we prefer to focus on endeavors that keep everyone here excited about their jobs; around our studio print work just doesn't make the grade there.

We do our fair share of video work (at least a piece or two each month), but haven't really focused on posting it all (our bandwidth drawal is quite massive as is). I believe the next version of 2A will have a nice video piece which encompases a good deal of 3D and After Effects... Still to be determined though. In addition, some of the offline video work should make it up by then as well.

The studio is focused on playing with a convergence in media... We are constantly toying with the possibilities and potential limits of the web, and will frequently take steps to break the rules and standards (when possible). Still, we operate on the same philosophy that we started with: We will continue to produce work that entices us. We love video, flash, 3D, animation, all things motion related and more...

A site like Taig allows us to go out on the edge a bit, to play with odd layouts, extra motion, heavier file sizes, etc. It's inherent to the nature of the project; a little experimentation mixed with a few simple functional goals...
    2Advanced Studios

HEY dont poke fun!!

life is going very well. I was in texas a few weeks back and got back together with the love of my life so its looking like in 6 months I'm moving to austin TX. I am damned excited. Gotta find me a nice design gig down there so if anyone knows any good AUSTIN TEXAS DESIGN FIRMS THAT ARE HIRING hehe.

I'll keep you posted Miles.

Hey tony how have you been? We need to find andru a nice woman

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

PSP? No way! Damn, I'm gong to have to start looking into gimp or MS paint so I'm ahead of the trend.

how's life chris?
    PSP is once again up and coming... In much the same way that ASCII Text Art is making a retro come back
    2Advanced Studios

Originally posted by sixtailer
    AUSTIN TEXAS DESIGN FIRMS THAT ARE HIRING
    sounds great mate, I know of one prominent design firm in austin but you probably want to avoid them

Originally posted by tpnovak
    A site like Taig allows us to go out on the edge a bit, to play with odd layouts, extra motion, heavier file sizes, etc. It's inherent to the nature of the project; a little experimentation mixed with a few simple functional goals... [/B]
    I appreciate your comment Tony, thank you. However I don't see the Taig site as "going out on the edge a bit". It's nothing more technical than you have done with the 2A site(if at all) apart from a photoshop (or similar product) produced background and I can't see the backend being overly complex neither(XML for the shedule section if any) - at the end of the day it's just a brochure site with extremely cool graphics - it's hardly going out on the edge. Having said that at least it's fitting to the subject matter - why have Realtybid changed the front end and Pittsburgh Penguins sized down the interface? Could it be 2a have learnt lessons in designing for clients instead of themselves or designers?

That last comment is devils advocate, not a dig at you or your company. No-one can get it right all the time ...
    Last edited by optical; 03-13-2003 at 09:04 PM.

Could it be 2a have learnt lessons in designing for clients instead of themselves or designers?

That last comment is devils advocate, not a dig at you or your company. No-one can get it right all the time ...
    wow ....or maybe "Could it be that 2a wouldn't be in business if they DIDNT design for clients?"

sad thing is, many many many people think that as designers we should design for other designers. haha not if we want to feed ourselves MORONS... geez

i think you missed my point sixtailer ... I was saying that Realtybid and Pittsburgh are examples of 2a getting it wrong - they designed with designers in mind, not the client or target audience. 2a have got big shoulders, they can take it.
    Last edited by optical; 03-13-2003 at 09:12 PM.

isn't the idea to design for the user? You have to sell it to the client though...