A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How get a Shape to turn into another Shape, using the Reshape Tool and a Move effect?

How get a Shape to turn into another Shape, using the Reshape Tool and a Move effect?

I have a shape and i want it to change into another shape. I have draw the shape i want to begin with but i want to use the reshape tool to turn it into the end result,then when it play back the flash it smoothly turned into the end result.

It there something i'm missing i thought i could do this with a move effect and the reshape tool, but i was wrong...

Swish does not do shape tweening, so the effect you want is not possible using the method you described. If you have Flash there is a method for creating a tween in Flash and then importing it into Swish. If you do not, then you will need to fake the tweening by using multiple shapes and fading in and out while moving. Here is a very quick, very crude, example, that needs a lot of tweaking. I would dramatically increase the length of the fades, balance the intensity of fade better, and probably increase the overall frame rate. www.wellesley.edu/Chemistry/Flick/faketween.swf and www.wellesley.edu/Chemistry/Flick/faketween.swi

Hope this gives you a start,

Flick