dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Game price

Big Boi

Game price

I wonder what is the avarage price of a classic memory game. I got that job to do but don't know what price to set because i never made games for money before, so how should i put it?? pay per hour doesn't work here(don't ask why).

half as fun, double the price senocular's Avatar
    it depends. If can range from like $25-50 to $1000 (or maybe even more). It all depends on how in depth it is. The memory game itself (programming) is nothing; they can be downloaded in full in seconds. The work is involved in the design and implementation. That result is what needs to be bought.

Big Boi
    The game should have variabile fields 3*3 to 8*8, and should load
    pictures(about 240, random) from database or something like that, should i use MX for that(because of its capabilities with DB)?

Big Boi
    http://www.dir.hr/~marko/

so months later here is game, you can try it and say how much do you think it is worth? aprox...
    to play it normaly check a box that says "samo slike" in down right corner, otherwise you will get text and pictures and text you wont' understand :-)

p.s.
    it is about 95% done :-)

I'd say at least $200-$500. It looks good, and very professional.

one thing, when cards flip over that have to load a pic, it dosent give you enough time to see the second pic before it flips back over, other than that good job

Big Boi
    ok, you are not the first to say it is too little time, i will increase it.

Originally posted by Markosef
    ok, you are not the first to say it is too little time
    lol

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar
    Good job...I had no problems with speed or anything!
    Streets Of Poker - Heads-Up Texas Hold'em Poker Game

Limehouse, Ontario - Never heard of it? Not surprised.
    I think it depends on your relationship with the client. When I started doing web design work, I was seen as just some punk kid, so I couldn't charge alot, but now I'm getting paid 3 grand a job, with no difference in quality from before.

I would look at how much work you have to do, think about what it's worth to you timewise, and deliver your quote. Quoting is an art, and the first few times you definately undersell yourself, but you'll get the hang of it.

I would personally charge ~$350 for the engine (which would have to be easily configurable creatively), and would let them handle the art side of things. If they also wanted art included in this package, maybe I would charge an two or three hundred. This is peanuts to a company of any size.
    The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.

Big Boi
    Well then it seems i am still seen as a punk kid :-) I am selling this for 150$ altogether with a little chance to get some more, for now. But this is why i did ask you about this cause i wanted to see how much underseling i am really.

Also, when you sign your contract, retain control of your .fla. This way, if they need something done to it, they'll have to come to you.

Who are you selling it to?
    You should laso explore selling it on a per dowload basis via subcribers. I used to manage the implementation of BREW applications
    for wireless deployment and a game like this could be downloaded for
    4.95 a month. 4.95 times 10,000 sunscibers over time is very attractive and a monthly ongoing event.

If you are interested in this model, let me know as I will be launching a portal soon.

Thanks,
    Justin

Big Boi
    Well i am selling it over some academic institution in my hometown, called "gifted programmers Rijeka" :-) and we are selling it to Auto Club Rijeka.
    Coolhand71 nice idea but i doubt it that anyone in my conutry would pay for this game to download it(not beacuse it is bad..).