A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ++ Xperience the P3RPL3XITY ---

++ Xperience the P3RPL3XITY ---

Hi,

I've finally launched what I've designed so far. The complete site is not up as i was real busy with a lot of things in the past few months. This is just the beta version so it would be appreciated if you could let me knwo if there are any bugs.

http://www.p3rpl3xity.com

Sheldon Rodrigues

P.s: If the site does not load, please check back later as there would be a lot of traffic and you would not be able to get through.
    Last edited by perplexity; 03-14-2003 at 05:40 AM.
    P3RPL3XITY.COM - Inspiration leads to Creativity!

SLEEKBANNERS - Bringing The Limelight To You!

VERY NICE!!!!!

it loaded pretty fast(3secs-cable modem)! bg sound and the sound fx are awesome! it blends well with the images.
    the interface is nice too, reminds me of "Diablo" or "Warcraft" menu interface

one thing that i didnt like, I would have to scroll down to see the buttons, i think it's no good. what if you put the buttons on top instead?or on the side? just a suggestion.

i'll give it a 8 out of 10, because of the scroll issue. If all your graphics and images are original, then let me tell you, i think it deserves to be a featured site here.

I thought of putting the menu rigth below the images showcased-well it was my point of view. Yep all the images are original and done in 3dsmax before someone would ask =P.

Anyways this is just the beta, the final one would be a lil' different.

Sheldon
    p3rpl3xity.com
    firstmistake.com

realization
    I cant blieve only 1 reply and 38 views,your site is awesome,you really have talent,nough said

Very nice work, very smooth & great art work, imaginative and original. Good work old chap
    SD

All looks very slick and stylish - nice dark soundtrack too - very impressive.

Don't like the fact that it opens full screen - I found that it would not close using your close button and Esc would not pull me out of full screen - I actually had to close the browser in task manager - the only way I could get rid of it!

You would have pressed alt+F4:P

Anyways everythings working fine now.

Guys dont forget to check the DEMO REELS.

Sheldon

->

Originally posted by perplexity
    Hi,

I've finally launched what I've designed so far. The complete site is not up as i was real busy with a lot of things in the past few months. This is just the beta version so it would be appreciated if you could let me knwo if there are any bugs.

http://www.p3rpl3xity.com

Sheldon Rodrigues

P.s: If the site does not load, please check back later as there would be a lot of traffic and you would not be able to get through.

S I T E | H 3 A V Y | P R O B L E M S :
    ______________: a) HTML DESIGN -like-

S I T E | A D V A N T A G E :
    ______________: a) SOUND b) AMBIENCE d) BIND c) DESIGN

V O T E - 0 -> 5:
    ______________: 2

C O M M E N T S : DID NOT LIKE FULL SCREEN...

T H E | E X T R A T E R R E S T R I A L | F L Y
    _______________________________________|

dood!
    about friggin time ey!
    mate you've outdone yourself this time. I've been waiting for the launch for ages and have fully been satisified. Its been worth it.

Demo reels are great and the imagery is good too. I loved the Element X demo reel...that kicked I reckon! Thorny vectors was good too... showed off a different style, which I liked also.

One thing that I didn't like was how you had to scroll down. At first I didn't even know that you could scroll down, but then I saw the top of the 'about' heading thingy, and accidentally scrolled my mouse wheel, and whaddya know! it scrolls! I guess you've gotta fit your pictures in big enough so ppl can see em, so I guess in that respect is appropriate.

Overall though is still great. Oh yeah and...ummm... where can I download some of the images!

cheers mate.

the shoeless designer Barefoot Kid's Avatar
    very orginal and atmospheric....BUT FULLSCREEN!!!!

and its toooooo long, hate to think wot it would look like at 800x600

Originally posted by Barefoot Kid
    very orginal and atmospheric....BUT FULLSCREEN!!!!

and its toooooo long, hate to think wot it would look like at 800x600
    I know what you mean...and I'm even on 1280*1024!

sorry sheilds...but the scrolling isn't working for me

everything is cool, but the text is a bit hard to read.. more than hard.. on a 17 inch monitor somethings I could not read..

very sweet, not sure about full screen

err..just woke up=P

Alright ill do soemthing about the stuff you people have said. As mentioned earlier this is just the BETA - When i get the time ill make necessay changes.

Sheldon

P.s: Umm,it was a playground section and i thoughi people would try and find out its secretsbut umm ayye..fine=P

EDIT: Oh yea, and thanks for your suggestions
    Last edited by perplexity; 03-15-2003 at 01:38 AM.

Amazing work..simply amazing. I loved it even with the full-screen..this type of sites can use fullscreen and pull it off. Great job!!

- pacdesco

That was awesome mang!! Good to see you cranking up new stuff...
    hello.

Really this is me..... mentaleruptions's Avatar
    Im going to be honest here so don't takes this the wrong way.
    Your site is a navigational disaster and the loading time is ridiculous.
    Reason im saying this is because I have my screen res at 1024 x 768 and I had to scroll to see the menu.
    Its fullscreen and I really don't like things taking over my screen and the only button to close it is in the top corner and u really cant see it.
    I do all site checks using 56k so I can comment on speed if asked and even if not asked and it took 9 minutes to load the interface.
    I didnt even wait any longer for the bits in the site to then load cause after 2 minutes they still hadn't loaded.
    I dont think any 56k user in there right mind would waite that long for ur site to load. I only did so i could give critique.
    I like the site though I think it looks nice but for someone using 800 x 600 and 56k they aren't even going to bother waiting for this to load believe me.

Nothing more i can say and yes i no u said its the beta version but im being honest with what i said above.

Mental

My Flashkit Submited Movies:
    Guestbook: V.1.0 V.1.2 V.1.3 V.1.4 PHP Mail Form: V.1.0
    My Deviantart page: Link

wow, Amazing! The atmosphere is something completely new to me and I love it! It's a pretty tall site but it works for showcasing your artwork and whatnot so if it does what it has to do for you then I would keep it, don't worry about pleasing everyone because someone can come in here and say "That could have been done easier in html". Amazing artwork and demo reels. First Mistake pwns!

Great job
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Originally posted by mentaleruptions
    Im going to be honest here so don't takes this the wrong way.
    Your site is a navigational disaster and the loading time is ridiculous.
    Reason im saying this is because I have my screen res at 1024 x 768 and I had to scroll to see the menu.
    Its fullscreen and I really don't like things taking over my screen and the only button to close it is in the top corner and u really cant see it.
    I do all site checks using 56k so I can comment on speed if asked and even if not asked and it took 9 minutes to load the interface.
    I didnt even wait any longer for the bits in the site to then load cause after 2 minutes they still hadn't loaded.
    I dont think any 56k user in there right mind would waite that long for ur site to load. I only did so i could give critique.
    I like the site though I think it looks nice but for someone using 800 x 600 and 56k they aren't even going to bother waiting for this to load believe me.

Nothing more i can say and yes i no u said its the beta version but im being honest with what i said above.

Mental
    Alright ill be honest here too. The site was not meant to be set for a 1024 res anyways and above all please exclude the 56k users. Why? cause mostly designers DO have a dsl connect or higher. And about the loading within the site, again its the issue of the 56k connect i cant help it if people browse the site witha 56k as it would be impossible i say to browse such a site. Imagine they wanting to check the demo reels with a 56k
    And i again repeat as i mentioned earlier "its a playground version"

Sheldon

Standrard flasher
    very nice! i agree with everyone who said that the navigation should be at the top so you don't have to scroll down for it. the artwork is amazing! cheers