dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ++ Xperience the P3RPL3XITY ---

Originally posted by perplexity
    Alright ill be honest here too. The site was not meant to be set for a 1024 res anyways and above all please exclude the 56k users. Why? cause mostly designers DO have a dsl connect or higher. And about the loading within the site, again its the issue of the 56k connect i cant help it if people browse the site witha 56k as it would be impossible i say to browse such a site. Imagine they wanting to check the demo reels with a 56k
    And i again repeat as i mentioned earlier "its a playground version"
    whether you like it or not the majority of the people who view you rsite will be the one who do not meet your requirements. its been stated over and over again that the dominating resolution is still 800x600. your site is very dark, hard to see anything on it. the navigation layout is horrible. the content is in a little bottom box probably no bigger than 500x200 pixels whe it should no duobt be closer at the top. it looks to me that the graphics themselves were more important than the site, and that is bad. if an employer was looking at this, they probably wouldn't spend much time there because you've focused your attention on too little details.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Will keep all the above said in mind for the final version.

Sheldon
    P3RPL3XITY.COM - Inspiration leads to Creativity!

SLEEKBANNERS - Bringing The Limelight To You!

Hi, The site was much better then i could do but i have to agree with Gloomycus, Its very obvious that you concentrated more on the graphics then the content. Im on a 56k and also waited for about 7 or 8 min for it to load and all it loaded was the interface. I never got to the artwork because all it seemed to do in the 10 min i viewed your site was load. The graphics were cool and very well done but maybe you could compress them or something. I also have to say the page was way to long with really no content. It seems you could have put what content you have on the page in a smaller box and skip all the extra space maybe it would also cut down on some of the loading time. The full page thing is ok as far as im concerned as long as there is a obvious way out, and i found that not a problem. Again its much better then i could do but i know a bit about the web and viewing web pages and these were the only concerns i had. Take care perplexity, Ed

Jordan Berry
    Originally posted by mentaleruptions
    Im going to be honest here so don't takes this the wrong way.
    Your site is a navigational disaster and the loading time is ridiculous.
    Reason im saying this is because I have my screen res at 1024 x 768 and I had to scroll to see the menu.
    Its fullscreen and I really don't like things taking over my screen and the only button to close it is in the top corner and u really cant see it.
    I do all site checks using 56k so I can comment on speed if asked and even if not asked and it took 9 minutes to load the interface.
    I didnt even wait any longer for the bits in the site to then load cause after 2 minutes they still hadn't loaded.
    I dont think any 56k user in there right mind would waite that long for ur site to load. I only did so i could give critique.
    I like the site though I think it looks nice but for someone using 800 x 600 and 56k they aren't even going to bother waiting for this to load believe me.

Nothing more i can say and yes i no u said its the beta version but im being honest with what i said above.

Mental
    Well im going to be honest too, i thought it not nessasary for you to defend urself perplexity he or she was just trying to help. And i agrea ya if ur a designer or we most likely ur going to have dsl or cable or something.. i have 56k, most people today still have 56k so you should design for 56k. Iv read all the comments and started posting this.. and im still like 75% done and i dont like the fullscreen and the the button (close button( u cant see very well on a laptop.. U should make the option to open in popup or fullscreen..

good luck
    I'm back.

Really this is me..... mentaleruptions's Avatar
    I wasnt trying to cause any kind of arguement here.
    But if u read the stats u find online most internet users have 800 x 600 and also most have 56k. Im actualy from the UK but living in the USA nad believe me most people in the uk have 56k because the high ass prices they get charged just for that never mind a dsl/cable line. There is no disputing that ur work is great but these days u have to think about the person viewing it and not what u personaly want or ur not going to get visitors to ur site.
    Like gloom said u could redo the site and have all the content work in a smaller window.
    Ohh and xDrunkCowx look at my avatar im a guy and yes thats really me lol .

Mental

My Flashkit Submited Movies:
    Guestbook: V.1.0 V.1.2 V.1.3 V.1.4 PHP Mail Form: V.1.0
    My Deviantart page: Link

Alright guys!
    Everyone has thier own point of view an i appreciate it when you bring 'em forward. Actually i had gone through my stats and thats how i came to a conclusion that there were more 1280 res than the 800, must have skipped a few=P. And about me cutting short the space, it wouldnt do much of a difference as far as i think. It would just reduce about 20 pixels and not more than that. The scroll will still be there =). The reason why the interface is quite big is cause the dimension os the image is large. And flash compress the image file size only to an extent and i dont want to loose the quality.

Anyways keep those comments coming in!!

Sheldon

As stated, it's too long and the menu/text would do a better job if it was on the top of the page.
    The artwork is amazing, and the sounds scares the **** out of me.
    I am sure a lot of ppl want to have your pics as wallpapers.
    The whining sound when a section is loaded is great!
    Very compatible with the music.

Another thing that I find a bit funny, the button makes a sound when clicked and when the button animation ends. That results in 2 clicks totaly and is a bit confusing when you just move your mouse over and out. Thus the feedback of "I have really clicked and I hear it" is ruined.

I like Flash sites that give me an expirience and this site did just that.

great art and interface.. but man not too many are in 1600 x 1200. I think if it was made for 1280 x 1024 you would not get as many complaints. I would say 1024 x 768 would be great but your art would have to be reduced bigtime. great stuff and I know it's a pain if you were to reduce.

p4 2.8 / 21 / 1280 x 1024

I might have some of the artworks as wallpapers later on.

Sheldon

Jordan Berry
    That would be cool!
    I'm back.

At first I thought there was nothing on your page except for the background. I almost closed it until I accidentally "discovered" the scroll bar. A black scroll bar on a black background doesn't show up well.

Having to scroll to see the menu isn't really good UI practice.

The FULLSCREEN issue. I really hate having to press CTRL-ALT-Delete to close things. Even so, casual users may not even know how to close the window and might resort to restarting their computer. End result = no repeat visitors.

The 56K issue. No, not all designers or web users have DSL or fiber optic cables leading to our front door. Heck, cable television doesn't even "come down" my road. If I could get DSL I would but hopefully it will make me conscious of the 56K user when creating sites.

Artwork is excellent, soundtrack is nice but I was just too darned creeped out!

i'm pretty sure theres a close button in the corner dude.

Well im running a res of 1280 x 1024 and its still doesnt fit on my screen i have to scroll one or two wheel spins to get to the bottom.

The site is nice though i mean good graphics work on it, nice sounds adds great effect, i can well imagine it would take ages to load on 56k though personally i found it realativly quick on broadband not too bad.

The artwork section was very nice good work and well presented. Good site change the size though, i appreciate this is could well be a very hard task but it is a very long site (height wise)

Alright ive just added options for its viewing purpose.

Sheldon

Jordan Berry
    I didnt wait long enought to let the content load.. it took too long just waiting for the interface.. but then again im on 56k

but like interface (i didnt see the interface.. had to load.. so i guess nice bg)

u should make a 56k happy simple site Just to show ur work.. couse after seeing what i saw i would love to see the rest... but i cant get to it withought spending a lot of time waiting for interface, bg ect
    I'm back.

The corporate version will be for all normal users who surf the net. it would have all my cliental stuff for users to view.

Cheers
    Sheldon

Just fixed the error which came after clicking the fullscreen option.

Cheers
    sheldon

Mr Snowman
    A drinking village with a fishing problem
    Well, wow, I am breathless. As are the other three percent of the internet users who have 1600 res and DSL/cable
    Life is just a bunch of swf's

thats soo awesome!!

*adds to favorites*
    Great minds think for themselves.

I got some more digital artwork and still working on another demo reel.
    Will include that in the next update

Sheldon