A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: opera not supported...

opera not supported...

I went to Macromedia.com was just looking around their tutorial section when I was stopped with this message:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please Use a Supported Browser Your browser (Opera) is not supported by macromedia.com. For the best possible experience, please use the latest version of one of the following browsers:

Microsoft Internet Explorer - Netscape Navigator - Mozilla - AOL
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I dont mind using another browser but I thought it was a bit strange to have a (the) major internet related company not supporting Opera. I mean its not a no-name like "joe's browser" or anything (or is it ).

James

try going to MSN.com in Opera browser

bork bork bork

it's pretty stupid of them not to support opera when they support netscape and mozilla...

oh well :|

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    Somewhere it said they were only supporting the latest guidelines/specs or something like that. Opera isn't up to spec.

??

The all new ALl Flash MM Website runs incredibly slow with the Opera and KHTML Based browsers ( Safari is KHTML based not Moz Based).

The Flash Plugin Drags and Drags and crashes the m,achine in these browsers. Honestly the NS Plugin with NS 7.X/ Moz based browsers doesn't do much better. The result is the page loads but it is very very very slow.

Please Use a Supported Browser

Your browser (Netscape 6) is not supported by macromedia.com. For the best possible experience, please use the latest version of one of the following browsers:

Microsoft Internet Explorer >

NS Logo Netscape Navigator >

Mozilla Logo Mozilla >

AOL Logo AOL >
    Is what I get when visiting with K-Meleon. KMeleon is Mozilla Based. I have it telling people that its NS 6 or IE 6 so that they don't lock me out... Aprently NS 6 isn't good enogh for MM.
    Last edited by johnie; 03-15-2003 at 05:09 PM.

flash plugin sucks with opera! its true! as far as fps goes, my games are as slow as shid. i have to use to browsers now.