dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: java script for pop-up window

java script for pop-up window

Please any1 can help with java scripting for pop-up window without tool bar and scroll bar? The script i did doesn work for me, it only works localy but not uploaded. Somewhere im doing mistake but cant find where. Im still novice in webdesigning, so it looks i cant manage on my own. My both files r in flash. Thank you

Try this one

<script language="javascript">
    function OpenWin(){
    window.open("?.html","win1","height=300, width=300, left=0, top=0");
    }
    </script>
    USING MX

on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:window.open('http://www.yoursite.com','Computer1','width=800,height=60 0,top=0,left=0,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable= no,menubar=no,status=no,directories=no,location=no '); void(0);");
    }

Thank you very much Airheaded, but unfortunetly exactly the same thing is happening, this script s working locally but not uploaded im going completly nuts already over here

Try this:
    http://www.flash-db.com/PopUp/

Or this:
    Code:

on (release) { 
    getURL("javascript:window.open('filename.html','newWin','width=500,height=400');void(0);"); 
    }
    Set the width and height to whatever you like.

Regards
    ik.
    I cannot live without dreaming, but maybe it is just a dream that I am living...

Thank you very much guys for your help with pop-up window. I realise wots happening at the end. My webadderess redirects, it strange but after redirection my file for pop-up isnt getting found if i go directly to hosted website, the script works just fine. I have to understand now y its happening and how to fix this problem

i also used this thread to help me with a pop window - thanks everyone for contributing!! But i still have a problem - i now have two windows opening!! One that is empty except for the word object and the other window has the file i want opened. How do i stop the empty window from oepning up??
    Thanks

if you are testing using ctrl>enter you will get two windows, dont know why but I do to, but if you upload it and test it the extra window will not pop up. I usually publish it then open the html file in browser to test popup windows
    USING MX

also make sure you have the void(0); part at the end, without it the browser window containing the link will display a similar nearly blank page with [object] in it.

yeah it worked when i previewed it in the browser - thanks alot guys just made my day. thanks again for the help/advice!!!
    Regards

Thanks alot guys for your help with pop-up windowscript. Unfortunetly as I learned any java scripting dont work for redirected hosting. I fixed all my problems by hosting directly my homepage. Thankz again

Thanx

Hi
    i just posted the same question on board and when i reach here i found my answer . now i am going to check it, if its work then thanx in advance and if dont then ( then iam coming back..... he he he)