A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Creating Realistic Art?

Creating Realistic Art?

Hey does anyone know where I can find some good tutorials for creating realistic art like this.

Any help would be great.

-BS

Hi i have seen a bit of stuff like this before, but i dont quite get it...

my rules on stuff like this is if u want a guitar that looks 100% life like take a photo (get it photographed)

the image is v v good, great as a portfolio piece but i would nt employ someone to do that in Phsp would cost far to much, i dont know if u have been to college (art course) but one thing i was taught was "draw what u see not what u know" who ever did this will have ref pixs of the guitar and i guess also he will have the real guitar (lighting reference)

u could also build the guitar in 3D (there is a v good free Fender Strat on 3dcafes website)

i suppose it depends on what u are after..

if u do want to do it, then take some ref pixs and study the parts one by one, also handy to have the object to hand for (the bits u are unsure of, or u missed when taking the shots)

its just building up the skill and experience to do it, u can tell this person is good as most lazy ppl would have made "tuneing key" and duped it up 6 times" this guy has them at 2 diff angles, shows some attention to detail, he/she has done this on the nuts (that hold the tuning keys in place (slightly lazy)

i would say this tho if they do a life drawing class somewhere near u get on it, it will teach u what to look at how to see things like light shadows and if your teacher is good u will learn loads of other stuff besides, theres no point being great at photoshop if the thing u have spent days on is out of proportion, u learn stuff like that..

bp

ps another thing u could do is take a photo, then try to copy it in phsp turn off the photo image to see how u are getting on

have to admit, C. Smith work is impressive (man, have you seen the watch he did ? the guy has great tuts too)

chances are that you won't be able to find tutorial on that kind of work as a whole, but if you think about it as different parts assembled together, then you'd probably find out that you already have tutorial in your 'favorites' to cover most of it.

finding theses tuts should not be THAT hard... from my experience, the hardest part is to make it look like one big thing.

what was said in prev. post is good too, research, study, having a picture of the object and the object itself with you.

true also that its pure art work, not many would pay for this, cost way too much =)

(p.s. for those who dont know : www.photoshopcafe.com )

i think it shouldn't be too too too too hard to learn how to do it....all the tutorials are out there, you have to know how to use every single effect you can do in photoshop to make a whole piece. The problem is you gotta have a lot of patience to do that.....i don't think you can create a guitar like that in 30 minutes, i don't know, it would take me a couple of months to do that.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.