A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: DreamStudios - Site Check Meh' Please!

dream.in.code

DreamStudios - Site Check Meh' Please!

Not a total redesign, but definitley more content and improved layout.

http://www.dream-studios.com

Feedback on layout, colors, as well as opinions on services offered. Would YOU be interested?

um...

well its not a flash site, nor does it contain any flash at all, but clean look anyways.
    might want to try an html design forum for comments

Liquified
    This forum is for HTML as well.

It looks good to me. It's simple and clean without a lot of confusing clutter. I like the color scheme and it's overall a tasteful design.

Eric
    "Life is the crummiest book I ever read, there isn't a hook...Just a lot of cheap shots, pictures to shock, and characters an amateur would never dream up."

The design is alright, looks clean to me. For some reason it seems like there's not alot of info - maybe that's just me though. Are the pictures in the About Us section real? Or stock photos?

Also.....

Tired of not getting everything you paid for.
    ......the first sentence on your home page, there should be a question mark after this statement. Good Luck.
    Last edited by J-Luv; 03-17-2003 at 04:45 PM.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

dream.in.code
    The pictures in the About Us section are real, one of the first times I can actually say that

Thanks for the feedback folks, any comment on the features and prices? How competitive are they?

I think the prices are competitive, but how reliable are your servers and is this a new company?? Is it Windows based?? Will there be much downtime on the websites you host??? Is there a list of clients your company hosts on your website??
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

it feels a little .... bleh.

Maybe spruce up your text a little bit. The body seems very heavy with with plain black text... you might want to focus on certain keypoints that your company offers over the competition and bring them out for the users to see.

The layout and design is nice... but it just seems very ordinary.

Hope this helps
    -dyl

dream.in.code
    The company is new, however... this is the third hosting company I have 'started'. I created www.telaweb.com several years ago and set the standard for low cost webhosting. I sold the company and began working with a local web development firm, whom, at the time didn't offer hosting services, I created their hosting 'arm' from the ground up and when I left the company, they had one of the best uptimes in the industry (8 minutes of downtime in 1 year)

This is now my third hosting endeavour and while the server is new, it's located in a more secure and more stable NOC than any other server I've ever managed. Uptime is the top priority and so far has been 100%.

I host http://www.dreamincode.net which receives about 1 million hits a month and has close to 4 million page views.

So while the company is new, I am not new to the hosting industry.