A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: text inverse of background (photoshop)

text inverse of background (photoshop)

I want to put text on a background. But how can i easy make the colours the inverse of the background colour? (black and white)

tanx

Hi 2 ways of doing it

1 is to make a black background then type the text u want highlight it and change the colour to white

2 is to make the black back... and type the words on a new layer in black, (render layer) then Ctr + I this will invert the text

its far easier to use number 1

bp

Shameless Newstoday Plug
    If in the case you are testing colors out, create an Adjustment Layer called Invert on top of the text layer. When you do that, it will pop up a window that has the option to Group With Previous Layer. Click on the box and press okay.

Now everytime you change the background color, all you have to do is select the text and change the text color to the background color, and it will automatically invert the text color for you.

Just a little tip in case you change your mind about only using black and white.

<<< Hopefully less of an a**.

The background is not just one colour but a black and white photo. So when the text is over a white part of the photo the text has to be black. And visa versa.

tanx

I worked with making a select of the text and putting in it the inverse of the photo. But the effect is not good. You get grey charaters. It must be black over the white parts of the photo and not gray.

Question, does the background have VERY clear cut sleek edges or are parts of it fuzzy? Also, for the grey areas you could just use the burn tool.

If you are a programmer (or know someone who is) then you could use an Xor function on the text to reverse it out compared to the background.

hi sir i want to invert my textual file's background to whitehow can i do it plz tell

Quote Originally Posted by Black_phoenix View Post
    Hi 2 ways of doing it

1 is to make a black background then type the text u want highlight it and change the colour to white

2 is to make the black back... and type the words on a new layer in black, (render layer) then Ctr + I this will invert the text

its far easier to use number 1

bp

hi sir i want to invert my textual file's background to whitehow can i do it plz tell

plz email the answer on tayyaburrehman208@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by megustastu View Post
    The background is not just one colour but a black and white photo. So when the text is over a white part of the photo the text has to be black. And visa versa.
    make white text, set blend mode to difference
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2