A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'creation Vs evolution'

'creation Vs evolution'

I need your help to help a girl I know who is doing a lot of research into 'creation Vs evolution'.

She needs to gather general opinion on how people feel about whether you believe we evolved or whether we were created by God.

All opinions are welcome please.

If its OK with everyone, your opinions may be quoted and used to relect public opinion.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Creation - Man hasn't evolved, else we would live in a perfect world

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=122164

theres also another one in the thread dump that turned nasty.

keep it clean or this will go the same way
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Designer in Your Headlights Juels's Avatar
    I believe we envolved but I also believe in a God.
    Juels // Designer in your headlights
    Recent Stuff OCJ Media | Rings & Diamonds

this may be a tough subject because some people could believe in both. that we were created by GOD but that we have evolved into what we are today.

me personally i believe in evolution.

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    I don't believe in god at all. However this is such a broad topic perhaps your friend should narrow it down.

For example there are many creationist views everything from the to telos theory to the fundamentalist christian.

There are also mixtures of the two as previously mentioned and then some people have their own ideas on evolution.

clif the grif started the best all time thread on this subject - and it lasted a pretty long time. where has that thread gone - i couldn't find it in a search...?

evolution has got to be right, i'm way too much of a scientist to ignore the proof....

but the creationists will tell you that the earth is only 4000 years old - i just don't buy that.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Why can't God be running evolution?

I agree with Nordberg, about the 4,000 years reference. It's almost like watching a movie made in the 1970s. The star says, 'but we need $25,000!', like that's a whole bunch of cash, where today, the same line would be, 'but we need $500,000!', simply because we need bigger figures to impress.

When the Bible was compiled, to use 4,000 years was like 'WOW, 4,000 years - do you think that's too much?? Is that believable??', where as we now know that we're talking 4 billion + years (and are still not the center of creation).

The 4,000 years line is likely to go the same way as Catholics and contraception.

Bye bye.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Originally posted by nordberg
    clif the grif started the best all time thread on this subject - and it lasted a pretty long time. where has that thread gone - i couldn't find it in a search...?

evolution has got to be right, i'm way too much of a scientist to ignore the proof....

but the creationists will tell you that the earth is only 4000 years old - i just don't buy that.
    it got dumped due to heated nature of some of the participants.
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    thats a bummer, there was alot of good info in there.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

that's too bad swamps - sure there were some really stupid/hateful posts in there, but what a discussion!

possibly one of my favorite all time serious threads

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

I believe in evolution. There is no way, in my opinion, that there's a higher being that created the human race, along with all the other species on our planet.
    hello.

Re: 'creation Vs evolution'

Originally posted by breadlegs

She needs to gather general opinion on how people feel about whether you believe we evolved or whether we were created by God.
    any reason why these two must be exclusive? couldn't god create evolution?

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

mullet king
    evolution says we only 'evolve' the skills and abilities that we need - survival of the fittest.

Why can we see in color? We dont need to see in color... black and white works well enough.

Why can we taste? We dont need to taste something to stay alive.

Anyways, this will be argued but no-one will gain anything... there is not a single fact in the universe which could convince me everything I see today came about in a 'big bang'

Originally posted by mx_kid
    evolution says we only 'evolve' the skills and abilities that we need - survival of the fittest.
    no it doesn't. evolution says we occasionally get all kinds of skills and abilities, some usefull some not. Those that get the usefull skills have more kids and kill/outbreed those that did not get the usefull skills.

i'm still a scientist at heart, but as a good scientist i can never rule out something i can't proove. even einstien has his leanings towards a higher power...

The idea that the universe in it's million fold precision and order is the result of blind chance, is as creditable as a print shop blowing up and all of the type falling down in the finished and flawless form of the dictionary
    i love that quote

Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

mullet king
    Originally posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    no it doesn't. evolution says we occasionally get all kinds of skills and abilities, some usefull some not. Those that get the usefull skills have more kids and kill/outbreed those that did not get the usefull skills.
    um... that doesnt answer seeing in colour, tasting etc.. everyone has these abilities that are not essential to life

yeah visionray, Im with you - outta here

if you want the other thread open e mail DP, he closed the previous one. and looking at it I can see why !

Originally posted by mx_kid
    um... that doesnt answer seeing in colour, tasting etc.. everyone has these abilities that are not essential to life

yeah visionray, Im with you - outta here
    yes it does. actually tasting would be essential to life, how would you know if you were eating something bad. seeing in color is advantageous to a herbavoir, or omnivoir.

you seem to think evolution would only yield a perfect organism. evolution clearly does not. its random. only as good as it has to be.