A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mac Projector Needed

Mac Projector Needed

I am using Flash MX for Windows. I need to create a Macintosh Projector file, but do not have access to a Mac. Flash MX help provides the following note:

The Windows version of Flash names a Macintosh projector file with the .hqx extension. You can create a Macintosh projector using the Windows versions of Flash, but you must use a file translator such as BinHex to make the resulting file appear as an application file in the Macintosh Finder.

The .hqx file that I need to have "translated" won't attach (unrecognized type and too big), but if someone with a Mac would be willing to process the file for me then I can e-mail it.

Thanks,
    Jason

BinHex or Stuffit Delux

Ok, let´s see. Somebody is going to play the projector file on a Mac, wright? Then he or she must use programs like Stuffit Delux or BinHex to be able to translate the .hqx file.

I am not sure what your problem is...Anyone correct me if I´m wrong, but you can´t do the translation for them on your PC. So the problem should not be yours, but the Macuser that do not have any prog to translate? Am I very, very far from the truth?

Anyway Happy Flashing!
    ik.
    I cannot live without dreaming, but maybe it is just a dream that I am living...

I forgot to say that you save as mac-projector by selecting it in the publishing options. But that you knew, I take it...

ik.
    I cannot live without dreaming, but maybe it is just a dream that I am living...

My understanding is that the "translation" is necessary because I created the .hqx using Windows. This is going to go on a CD-ROM, so what I would like to do is have the .hqx converted, then put the converted file on the CD ready to go (i.e., so Mac users do not have to do anything other than run the file). Does that make sense?

Thanks,
    Jason

The programs that converts or translate the .hqx is for Mac and you cannot use it on a PC.
    That´s why it has to be done on Mac.

Have a look at:
    http://www.stuffit.com/stuffit/deluxe/

ik.

Yes, I understand that the conversion software must be used on a Mac, which is why I am seeking someone with a Mac who would be willing to do the conversion for me. (I don't have access to a Mac.)

Thanks,
    Jason

Ok. Now i got it... Sorry that I missunderstod. And sorry I haven´t any Mac...
    Wish you luck!
    ik.

Still needing help with this. Anyone???

Hi again,

Maybe you should post your question here:
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/forumd...php?forumid=47

//ik.

by now you do get stuffit deluxe for the pc which will let you decompress hqx files and so forth. but send me the file at my work address and i will convert it for you tomorrow....

oliver.mueller@karius-partner.de
    Ciao, Ph8te

ph8te@arcor.de

I wish I knew more about
    that which I wish for!
    The first literary endless loop