A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: For all you designers/Artist out there

For all you designers/Artist out there

Don't know if this is the right forum to post in but i'm sure a Mod will move if it isn't.

Anyway, may of heard but if not, Changes in the copyright law
    [12.03.03] As of April 1st the new European Community Design regiment comes into effect. Under the new system, designers will be offered a single legal system providing strong and uniform protection of their work across all the territories covered by the EU.

According to Lee Gage of IP lawyers Briffa, who are offering services that capitalise on the change in legislation - "By registering their work, designers are given a monopoly right to make, sell, distribute and licence their designs. With the introduction of the Community Design Law this right is now automatically extended Europe-wide."

Designers are increasingly becoming aware of the need to ensure proper protection for their work as intellectual property issues continue to rise in importance. Protecting those rights has previously involved registering designs in each country where protection was required.

The new law offers the chance to cover a number of designs in a single document covered by with a single fee. All of this will be administered from a central European office making registration and management of assets or designs a much more simplified process. At least that's the theory.
    Further info here (the site is useful)

Toony

Señor member
    I'm always a little dubious of laws passed on April 1st
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Originally posted by jamble7000
    I'm always a little dubious of laws passed on April 1st
    Yeh didn't realise..lol