A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: :yikes: dont use the back button......

:yikes: dont use the back button......

I just posted a very long winded reply to a question on the design board. I like to make sure I spelled correctly etc.... so I review my reply. Then stupid me went and hit the back button on the browser (ie)
    It all went away. Ugh! Please can you fix this. Im probalby not the only one this has happened to.
    "Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training." Anna Freud. 1895-1982

i am sure it has happened to everyone at some point

but its not fixable.....i dont believe there is any way to temporarily "save" the text in the text box at the time

i think the only thing that they can do would have a pop-up saying do you want to go back (you will lose whats in the text box) yes or no.

anything I write these days over than 2 paragraphs I always copy and paste just in case.(hey, it ryhmes!) Anyway, with Flashkit so slow these days, you never know what to except when posting.

BTW, there is no way to save the text while posting like you were asking about.

Great Idea with the popup!! At least it would give us a reminder, to realize what we're doing before it happens.
    Thanx
    "Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training." Anna Freud. 1895-1982

Originally posted by younghistorians
    anything I write these days over than 2 paragraphs I always copy and paste just in case.
    Just want to say that I do the same thing.... You never know what will happen... Something is bound to crap out on ya

well, vbulletin has a habit of not posting a message like every 1 in 100 posts.

Señor member
    Originally posted by younghistorians
    anything I write these days over than 2 paragraphs I always copy and paste just in case.(hey, it ryhmes!) Anyway, with Flashkit so slow these days, you never know what to except when posting.

BTW, there is no way to save the text while posting like you were asking about.
    me too, I get a lot of problems with our ISP connection so it's not just here but other forums I post too where it either gives me the "no valid thread link followed" message or posts out a load of gibberish symbols
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

mine gives me that page cannot be displayed when its goes to post the new reply

and then i hit back and its gone!!!

but i got that popup window idea from the Americas Army game website, where when you go to download it from another source and it says you are now leaving the website and the website you are visiting is not government affiliated.....do you want to continue, yes or no

Dan

when you get the page cannot be displayed after you submit your post, just presh refresh. Itll resend your post info