A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Totallyhosted is going away.

Totallyhosted is going away.

http://www.totallyhosted.net

Jerk. This really really sucks. How many of you are hosted by totallyhosted? What is your new host going to be?

Señor member
    I'd like to pretend I'm suprised but I'm not. Totallyhosted were a complete joke of a host when I was with them. They cocked up several basic things, lost my forum database (I had to restore an old copy minus a 1000 posts), never gave me the refund they promised etc etc.

I guess on my part I should have checked up on them before signing up as there was plenty of information around on them being crap!

I am now hosted with invisionpower because I run an invisionboard forum and I've been more than happy with their service and prices (and of course support!) since moving
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

www.xstreamhost.com has done me fine. of course, now im moving from my FREE, SPONSERED HOSTING at rackshack.net to my FREE, SPONSERED HOSTING at mediatemple.net

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    Originally posted by younghistorians
    www.xstreamhost.com has done me fine. of course, now im moving from my FREE, SPONSERED HOSTING at rackshack.net to my FREE, SPONSERED HOSTING at mediatemple.net

how did you pull that off?

Originally posted by serpent star
    how did you pull that off?
    easy. see, i run younghistorians.com, and so its really hard to say no to a very educational site. so, i just email their founders, and they fall for me....simple.

read more about it at my blog, including some of the emails exchanged with them: younghistorians.blogspot.com

Señor member
    good stuff Y-H Hope you get something from them. I spoke over PM with Damien a while back (I think during the thread you mentioned) and he seems like a decent bloke so I'm sure they'll sort something out for you.
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

He has also got nice hair Saw a video of him. No response from him still, so Im going to assume one of 3 things:
    1. He ignores me because of my age
    2. He hasnt not yet checked his email, and will Monday or tonight.
    3. He doesnt care and is still waiting for my letter through the mail.

If you need hosting check us out at compady.com. We are running a special for flashkit users right now... you can view the details on this thread. Let me know if you have any questions or anything I can do to help.

Mike
    COMPADY^HOSTING
    www.compady.com