dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loadmovie...

Guerilla Records

Loadmovie...

Can anyone help me out here....

Ok... i have a movie called "bgmc" which is a scrolling background when you click on each button.

Now, i know that if i place a blank movie clip on the stage and set the button actionscript to:

Code:
    on (release) {
           _root.blankmovie.loadmovie("news.swf");
    }
    when i click the button, news.swf will load into my main movie.

What i want, is when i click on the same button, i need a movie to load within bgmc... something a long the lines of:

Code:
    on (release) {
           _root.bgmc.blankmovie.loadmovie("news.swf");
    }
    Can anyone help me out? No matter what i try it never seems to work.

I tried to attach the .fla file but it won't let me due to file size... if anyone wants to see it just let me know an e-mail address and i'll send it that way.

Cheers

Murph

p.s. Question 2... is there any way (using actionscript or otherwise) that i can change the colours of the default scrolling bars in flash mx? grey is nice and all but it doesn't really match in with the rest of my site!

Any help on either matter would be greatly appreciated...

Murph.

Banned
    Is the "blankmovie" holder clip nested in the "bgmc" clip?

If so it should work.

Yes you can change one or all 8 elements of scrollars to the colors you want.

http://odin.prohosting.com/~oldnew/scrollbar2.htm

Guerilla Records
    What do you mean exactly by nested? the blankmovie clip is within the bgmc clip and has an instance name of "newsmc"

my actionscript for the button at the moment is:

Code:
    on (release) {
           _root.bgmc.newsmc.loadmovie("news.swf");
    }
    but when i run the movie, it doesn't even look for the file, never mind try and display it... i really can't understand it, i thought that would work!! OldNewbie, can you pm me your e-mail address and i'll send you the .fla file so you can have a look for me?

Oh, and as for the scrollbars, that link showed exactly what i want to achieve, how would i go about altering the colours of the scrollbar though? it doesn't have any colour options? is it done using actionscript or something?

Cheers for your help

Murph.