A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Special Loading Movie Type Thing

Arem

Special Loading Movie Type Thing

Hi guys.

I've got a couple of questions for ya guys:

1) how do you that thing where you have one main movie but you can load seperate movies inside of it. Like, that Intro to 3dFa by Jason. How he made one main movie. Then when you clicked on a movie, it loaded a new movie with a loading movie, into the same window. I know about Load SWF but I dont't think thats it because it appears in certain spots. Not just the top corner.

2) Those flash commands; how do you do the one that automaticly makes the movie FULLSCREEN? tell me about the rest of them to please. (They're in the action menu)

3) Another thing with a loading movie: I'm making a short show with 3dfa. While the movie's loading, I want to play a short intro to the movie. But for some people, the movie will load really fast and they won't be able to see the entire intro. Is it possible to make sure the loading movie plays completely through before the main movie begins

4) Phew; Finally, WHEN IS VERSION 4 COMING OUT???????? I'm so anxious. By the way you guys are talking about it on this forum, I'd think this is like the best thing in the world. Shees

Okay thanks for reading it,

Dan

well
    to point 3) (and 1)
    if somebody load the movie through a proxyserver, the proxy loads the whole movie and after the proxy send you the whole loaded file. so it will not show you the loading movie.
    if you want to be sure, that the whole movie is shown, you have to load a second movie after the first has finished. to this point i will post an article later, when i've finished my work.

4)
    the beta is there!!!

hope it helps
    Bruno

www.tonetube.ch

Arem
    Thanks for your reply.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. But what I mean by in the first questions is. How do you make it so that it doesn't have to load the ENTIRE movie. Like maybe you could load the menu then when they click on the button, it loads the part you clicked on. With ONE movie. Is that possible?

What I mean by question 3 (or was it 2?????????? can't remember)is it possible to load a movie in the background while the main movie is loading but make it so when the main movie loads, it won't start until the other movie is done. Do you get it? Sort of hard to explain what I mean

Dan

Arem

MORE QUESTIONS GUYS!

Okay; I finally have found the time to make a website! (this is the part where YOU cheer)

My questions i said before still exists with the loading movies. I want to use that with this website. (wthCJ's website does it where the menu loads but when you click on a button, a movie loads to show you what you clicked

MORE QUESTIONS:

I have stinky ol' dial up. (YYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK) So slow. It really is a pain in the neck to upload to a server. Is there a way to make a movie that can be edited with editing the actual video. Ok, doesn't make sense. Like, can you make a menu or a text area that can be edited just by external files? So all you have to do is upload the data file. Do you get it? If not, tell me. I'll see if I can make it more clear.

that's all the questions I can think of now, BYE!

Dan

you can load a second, third ... movie (swf) with the load movie function. then you have to say on which level do you like to put the new movie. then there is the importent point:
    make the second movie the same size as the main movie. this second movie can have a seperate loading movie. and the loading movie should also have the same size as the other movies, then you can place the loader where you want. because the loading movie is always place in the middle.

hope it helps you
    Bruno

www.tonetube.ch

Re: Question 2

Er... yeah, fullscreen I understand to only work as a projector format (.exe). Insane added it because they could, but didn't provide too much documentation on it. This is what the same feature does in Flash MX (or so I'm told), so this is what I'm guessing it does here. (you're talking about the flashcommand I presume?)

Hope it helps.
    - AJcompany

Wisdom begins in wonder.
    - Socrates

'''''''''''''''''
    If you want to show your movie in a fullscreen browser window,
    you have to create a little javascript in a HTML page:

PHP Code:
    <html>
    <
    script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
        function 
    openWindow() {

fullwin window.open('your_movie.swf''window''toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizeable=0,fullscreen=1')
        }
    -->
    </
    script>
    <
    head></head>
    <
    body>
    <
    a href="javascript: openWindow()">Open movie fullscreen</a>
    </
    body