A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3D Web site design

Re: Ok I got in this time

Don't worry the music is always something that never has any thought put into it. I hope to have the music changed very soon. With some of my own samples.

Lightbulb cool

I like it, the only tip i can offer is to make a more interactive index page. Very nice flash!

New Gallery!

I now have a wallpaper section under the 3d art gallery (which is also changed). Any input from the new gallery would be appreciated. All Of the images were created by Metatex Solutions in Bryce 4.

nice site, very cool intro + soundeffects

Nice, you work with bryce?

Nice images and a fast loading site, allright!!
    Maybe you want to look at my site http://go.to/eaststar
    thnx
    greetings from holland

Pretty neat.

Most designers don't seem to like Bryce, but in right hands it can be pretty cool

time for some brutal honesty

1.your intro is wwwwaaaaaaayyyyyy too long.
    2.you dont really have a color scheme
    3.your homepage(the very first page)is lame(ie. pattern backgrounds, form buttons, etc., etc.)
    4.your opinion on html is downright disgusting and places you in the catagory of people who bought flash while barely knowing html and considered themselves a web designer because they can put an animation together. HTML is the official language of the internet it always has been, it always will be, flash is nice to use in certain situations but it isnt concievable to use it for every type of page.

sorry but thats just the way it is

Austrian Superstar
    still waiting (I like the effect of the preloader!)

but i already got one thing to criticize: your index page
    it looks absolutely awful, everything just thrown together

alright it's running now ... uh once again techno soundtrack(maybe I'm the only one who hates em)

ok the intro finished, the sound improved - I like that one!

hm loading again . . . the intro wasn't too spectacular
    too many bitmaps

the site is here now - i regret having to tell you that i don't like it
    too many colors

Sorry

I am sorry guys but you need to go back to design school. That is all i have to say.

Re: Sorry

Capital "CH" as in cheese. To be constructive, there is no real conceptual development. And why the huge random graphics? Looks like power point collided with an encyclopedia of clip art. ehhh gads.

Hey, why am I getting so many email replies about this thread???

Is there some way to turn it off? I mean just for this thread not for other threads

caithness massiv
    Originally posted by weeser
    Hey, why am I getting so many email replies about this thread???

Is there some way to turn it off? I mean just for this thread not for other threads
    you have to edit every response to this thread and uncheck 'email notification'

Ok then!

THIS SHOULD BE IN SITE CHECK!!

Firstly, there's no real design here at all. It's just a collection of as many different effects that you could think of thrown into a Flash movie. Fine for just playing around, but to call it a "cool site"?!?!?

Secondly, there's no colour scheme at all.

Third, what fonts are you using in the site? Looks like you've used every font installed on your computer - bad, bad design.

Fourth, you have a different look and feel throughout the site. The whole thing about "designing" for the web is consistency.

Fifth, this site is just plain bad.

And last - it's to big!!

Now, I don't want to be harsh, but you have put this in coolsites and it is your site, so it's not just an opinion. I waited for a 500k+ download JUST FOR THE INTRO - which is ridiculous. Then the main site is almost as big - a megabyte for this site!!! Gotta be joking.

Put this site in site check, you'll get some constructive criticism, which is how you'll learn. Putting it here in "cool sites" you'll get praise from the kids that like anything 3D and flashing and spinning, but no help from anyone working in the industry 'cos you've wasted our time.

Sorry about that folks, but that was one of the worst offenders of "cool sites" I've ever seen.

Cheers
    Dave

Ok I have a couple of things to say about the last response!
    1.) First off, large file size on the internet is common. A good example of this is http://www.derbauer.de That site has a 3.9MB file size for the site. And it is one of the best sites on the net. I have a warning during the index.html that it is large and is recommended for users with fast connections.
    2.) The site is just something that I threw together in about 4 days. (I would like to see you do that in just 4 days).
    3.) Even though the site is just started I already have a company that wants me to do their site. ($9,000 a month ain't so bad is it?)
    This is not even my full time job! I am the senior web developer for Diversity Publishing. ...And last, if you want to criticize my site you should only be looking in the site check section.

Ok I have a couple of things to say about the last response!
    1.) First off, large file size on the internet is common. A good example of this is http://www.derbauer.de That site has a 3.9MB file size for the site. And it is one of the best sites on the net. I have a warning during the index.html that it is large and is recommended for users with fast connections.
    2.) The site is just something that I threw together in about 4 days. (I would like to see you do that in just 4 days).
    3.) Even though the site is just started I already have a company that wants me to do their site. ($9,000 a month ain't so bad is it?)
    This is not even my full time job! I am the senior web developer for Diversity Publishing. ...And last, if you want to criticize my site you should only be looking in the site check section.

Correction, if you don't want your site criticised like this, and previous posts, then post in site check.

FOLKS, DON'T POST YOUR OWN SITE IN COOL SITES.

Secondly, congrats on getting paid for the job you have lined up, but that's besides the point. What you have posted here is a claim of a "cool site". I think most actual experienced Flash users here recognise it's not terribly cool. Fantastic if you're a newbie just starting out, but then recognise and accept this, post in site check and get constructive criticism (which is what site check is for - I wouldn't be so blunt there).

Third, I'm not really interested if it took you 4 days or 4 years. You wasted my time. I try to come to this section ("cool sites") to find sites that inspire, not that make me laugh - not when it's not on purpose anyway.

Lastly, enough of this. I've said my bit, end of story. You either get the point or not, neither of us will lose any sleep over it. Good luck to your future endeavours.

But please, please post in site check next time. If it is a cool site, someone will post here - karma baby, karma...

Cheers
    Dave

Yup....

Gotta agree.....if you post a site in 'cool sites' and it's not 'cool'.....what'da ya expect.....

The site is ugly. Bad design. 4 days to produce bad design? I can do that too. Who cares how long anyway....if ya post it here we don;t care if it took 1 year or 1 day....gotta be cool.

Anyway,...I too was disapointed. I come here to see 'cool' sites. Too often (unfortunetely) things get posted which are not cutting edge, or inspirational.........'cool' is subjective. I always ask myself: If I saw this on hillman curtis, or joshua davis or EJ..etc would I be impressed or 'freaked out' wondering what happened to their talent.....in this case it would be the latter.
    This site has every cheesy effect known to man. old school!

(I keep watching it....jeez this is bad! ..........

My unsolicited 2 cents...

Gotta add....

Kept running in the Bg....I jsut saw the planet tag with the thought bubble and text......good god!....Ultra cheese!

see Design 101.

BTW ULa, cool little site you've got there... obviously you've graduated from design 101!!