A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how the heck is he doing this?

how the heck is he doing this?

Okay, I've got this flash movie. The creator was nice enough to make his project public domain, so I thought I'd deconstruct it to learn a little bit.

Thing is, I can't tell how he does it. All I can find are stop() and gotoandStop () actions. could someone please help me figure out what he is doing?

here's the .fla

http://www.redwolfmedia.com/refraccion.fla

and the swf for anyone that wants it.

http://www.redwolfmedia.com/refraccion.swf

thanks for your help!

Ken

If you are referring to the rotating cube, look in the library for an object called "cube". It is done in there with shape tweens. Note that while in the library "cube" is a graphic, it's behavior on the stage has been set to movie clip.

Now if this person did this manually or with some 3D program, I couldn't tell you at first glance, but that should get you in the right direction to pull it apart.

-monster.

The cube is a Swift 3D object, imported to the library and edited, frame by frame. No easy job, tedious, but it can be done.

Actually, I'm an idiot. I couldn't find the way he was activating the movie clips for the slide outs. Then I turned I noticed there was a layer turned off, and viola. there they were. thanks for your help.

Ken