A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Slideshow template shows wrong picture count

Slideshow template shows wrong picture count

I used the slideshow template that comes with MX to make a presentation disk. I have a menu page (scene 3) & 2 slideshow pages (scene 1 the original template & 3 a duplicate of scene 1 with different pictures). The only problem is that the statusField shows the total of all pictures in both slideshow scenes plus it counts the menu scene a 1 also. I’ve tried everything I can think of & I just can’t figure it out. I’m at the point were im ready to just manually enter 1 of 50, 2 of 50 etc.. on every page but id like to do it right if I can. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Try putting your images in an image folder. Use a different folder for each slide show. The images have to all be numbered in sequence to work with the code in the image loader, starting with 1. And the code in there is for 5 images. If you have more, or less, you need to change a few things.

This line:

loadMovie("../images/image"+whichPic+".jpg", "square");

Targets the images in an image folder. So create one for the first show, named images, one for the second named imagestoo, and then put the new name of the folder in that line.

This line:

if (whichPic<5 && !fadeIn && !fadeOut) {

Refers to the total number of images in the folder. If there are 7, change that 5 to a 7.

Not the XML slideshow

Thanks for the reply but I think your talking about the XML slideshow that?s on macromedias web site. I?m asking for help on the slideshow template that comes with Flash MX.

That's the one I'm talking about.