A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Tweening vs Scripting

Tweening vs Scripting

Anyone have some theory and or facts to back up that scripting is better than tweening?

Looking for tutorials on acheiving the same effects that a tween has yet done through scripting.

Make one of each, then publish a size report. AS fade tweens at least, are much less processor intense.

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™

I figured out a single-VAR, easing, tween-function. You can use the code to tween ANY variable, but if you point to _x or _alpha or _y then it causes a visual tween. If you want the code ill give it to ya. Its fairly simple, u just set tatgetX (for example) and if targetX != currentX then moveAlittlebit.

Originally posted by mattm@slicker
    I figured out a single-VAR, easing, tween-function. You can use the code to tween ANY variable, but if you point to _x or _alpha or _y then it causes a visual tween. If you want the code ill give it to ya. Its fairly simple, u just set tatgetX (for example) and if targetX != currentX then moveAlittlebit.

That would be great and I think it would help alot of people on here.

here is a quick little demo. The code could probably be improved, but I dont have the time. If anyone converts this into a better function, let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files