dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW flash player 6 BUG!

NEW flash player 6 BUG!

i found a bug in the new flash player 6. if you update your player right now, and try to load a JPG into a MC inside another MC with this code on the inner MC:

onClipEvent (load) {
    var pw = _parent._width;
    var ph = _parent._height;
    var cw = this._width;
    var ch = this._height;
    this._x = Math.round(pw/2-cw/2);
    this._y = Math.round(ph/2-ch/2);
    }

it WON'T be centered. it would center on the previous version 6 player. can anyone tell me how to alert macromedia about this??? thanks!

Interesting... highly interesting...
    Cordially,
    Abelius
    www.worldkit.com

2 pbjpb1
    Try and check this fla. Does it centered the inner mc?
    Attached Files Attached Files

hey sergwiz..yea it centers in the older version 6,0,22,0 but not in the newset which i think is 6,0,65,0. macromedia seems to have pulled the newset version off their web site now. maybe it was because of my complaint!

Developer
    Originally posted by pbjpb1
    hey sergwiz..yea it centers in the older version 6,0,22,0 but not in macromedia seems to have pulled the newset version off their web site now.
    The newest is 6,0,79,0. Macromedia has not / would not pull the newst version off the site, they'd release an update.

[edit] the code works fine [/edit]
    Last edited by gSOLO_01; 03-28-2003 at 11:52 AM.

it doesn't work for me and i JUST did a before and after test. there is DEFINITELY something wrong with the new player version. i didn't change one thing in my movie and the result is different..how do u explain that??? it is the ACTIVE X player for IE by the way.
    Last edited by pbjpb1; 03-28-2003 at 12:09 PM.

Developer
    post your fla. what version are you using/platform?

ok here is a sample fla. just load a JPG with blue button (you might have to change the code on the button to a certain JPG). then click the + and see if it rotates centered. it won't for me with 6,0,79,0. i'm using IE 6 with win2k.

anyone have any ideas??? thanks!

Heh-heh!
    First of all it is necessary to remember, that the center of a Movieclip has coordinates x = 0 and y = 0. In your example the Movieclip "cm1" has neither width, nor height, just as well as the internal clip "image2". So your code has no meaning .
    Further. Movies or images to be loaded always get loaded in such a manner that their top left corner coincides with the center of a Moveclip, that is x = 0 and y = 0. The rotation of the clips occurs around of the center of a Movieclip too.
    So your example works correctly!!! This is you who don't use properties of the Falsh correctly.
    Sorry for my poor English. If I could speak better I would explain it
    more clear.

dude all i know is that i have a movie that i had the code working perfectly in the previous flash 6 player. then macromedia screwed something up in the player and now it doesn't work. if i "don't use properties" of flash correctly then how come it worked in previous versions???

well does anyone know another way to center a loaded JPG that WILL work with the new player version? thanks!

Okay, I can show my movie that is working properly. How about you? Show me, please, your movie that worked in previous flash 6 player and does not work in newest one.

And one more thing I should tell to you. When you test your movies (Ctrl+Enter), it has no attitude to that new player, which you've downloaded from macromedia.com. That isn't player but plug-in for browser. It is a file with a name Flash.ocx. And present player is a file SAFlashPleer.exe, which is not newest on your system (I think so).
    Last edited by sergwiz; 03-28-2003 at 06:38 PM.

First of all onClipEvent(enterFrame).It has to be fired continously.

I don't have the code here now but at home and as far as I know my centering did not disappear with new Flash player. Check this simple slide show. You can download the fla. Let me know if it is centered on your computers.

http://can_info_guide.tripod.com/xml.../tutorial.html
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -
    | www.Flashscript.biz | Flashscript Biz Classes/Components |

thanks sergwiz, but sorry your example fla does not work. what i need to do is have two blank MCs with a JPG loaded into the inner one. The reason yours seems to center the JPG is because the inner MC is offset by exactly the size of your JPG..there is no centering by actionscript at all in your example. if you or anyone else has any other ideas please let me know, thanks!

I should repeat once again:
    How about you? Show me, please, your movie that worked in previous flash 6 player and does not work in newest one.
    Look at the example by Cancerinform. He has offered you an excellent} example.

If you from the beginning have asked to help you to make something, the help would be faster and exact.
    Next time, please, don't blame anybody and everybody (macromedia particularly), but just try to find out your own mistakes.

PS I have not seen your movie yet.

Put this script into the empty movieclip inside the movieclip. The picture will be centered in the parent movieclip.

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
    this._x = (0-this._width)/2;
    this._y = (0-this._height)/2;
    }
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -
    | www.Flashscript.biz | Flashscript Biz Classes/Components |

ok whatever sergwiz, don't take it personal. i have figured out how to fix the problem now and it seems to be working. but the fact is macromedia did change something in player 6,0,79,0 and the original code does not work for some reason. and if this has happened once already who's to say it won't happen again.

OK, Pbjpb1, don't take it personal too, but, please, stop speaking nonsense. Probable you don't read the messages attentively enough. So I should repeat once again: the newest (6,0,79,0) player is PLUG-IN and it has nothing in common with the normal Flash player. This plug-in is used by browser for displaying flash movies which are embedded into HTML page.
    I have this 6,0,79,0 too. But I've not seen any bugs still.
    And unless I see your movie which worked earlier, but does not work now, - I shall consider you simply nonsense-teller.
    But I am sure you will not show me such a movie.