dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW flash player 6 BUG!

Hey sergwiz, are you stupid? Obviously it's the 6,0,79,0 plug-in everyone is talking about. You should read the posts more 'attentively' you idiot. If you are just going to start arguments and do not know what you are talking about then you should not be on this board.

Developer
    Wow jonny5603, it's nice to see that you registered just so that you could sling around some insults

Please keep that sort of talk off of these forums.

What I think sergwiz is talking about is the standalone players, and test movie players, debug and release versions. Not the browser plugin. See my footer to install the latest versions (Developer Update).

gSOLO_01 is absolutely right!!!

hey guys, ok attached is the before and after examples i'm talking about. one works in the new player and one doesn't.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi pbjpb1.
    First of all I want to tell you that oldplayer.swf does not work in older player as well. Even in Flash 5. And it should not work. Why?
    Let's consider these two examples and try to explain a difference between them.
    This code
    Code:
    onClipEvent (load) {
    	var pw = _parent._width;
    	var ph = _parent._height;
    	var cw = this._width;
    	var ch = this._height;
    	this._x = Math.round(pw/2-cw/2);
    	this._y = Math.round(ph/2-ch/2);
    	trace(this._x)
    	trace(this._y)
    }
    does not mean anything. You can remove it and nothing will change.
    While we have not loaded image, all the vars (pw,ph,cw,ch) are = 0.
    What happens when we load image (let's say with width = 150 and height = 200)? Then cw = 150, ch = 200, pw = 150 (as well) and ph = 200 (as well). It means that this._x and this._y will be = 0 too. And you know, that the object always rotates around its own center.
    Thus your code in MC "mc1" does not have any sense. It can matter only when "1" has its own width and height (without MC"image2").
    Sorry If I cannot explain it more clear, but I'm sure that you will understand everything when you try to trace the values of every properties of the MovieClips (eg. this._width; _parent._width; this._x; _parent._x and so on). Trace these properties for both files and compare the results.
    Good luck. And excuse me if I was too sharp.

whatever sergwiz..well you can explain your reasoning all you want but the fact is i saw it working in many previous versions of the player. so that's all i have to say about it, good luck to you too.