dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Multipage/swf design question

Multipage/swf design question

Hi all. I am new to this forum and am learning flash.

I have a basic question about page layout and design before I start my project.

I want to Pre-load main movie -> play main movie -> if link clicked load second movie clip, once fully loaded play exit transition for main movie -> play linked movie.

Then the same idea when linking back to the main page or another page withing the second movie.

My question is should I make it all one swf or multiple swf files?

#of pages on site - about 15.

thanks

Well, it dependz. Some people like external .swfz, otherz all moviez in the main movie. So, it dependz on you, Quezee.

Well, that figures.

I know I can do it either way and I have been thinking that it would be easier to transition between scenes in one movie. but easier as the site grows to have it in seperate files.

I guess I am asking what would you do in that situation and why?

Well, if there're picz, sound trackz, etc. you can make preloaderz and external .swf filez. But if the total size of the site isn't big, I would make all the pagez, moviez in one, compact site.

Well, I might do the external swf thing for some and keep the main pages in one. Site setup - current html site www.edmontonzcarclub.com

which has about 10 main info pages, but at least 30 to 40 member pages, which are relatively similar, so I was thinking of creating them dynamically ( a little actionscipt learning involved )

So many options but so little knowledge - arg.

Hey, quite an interestin'site. So, as you said, you can do, external .swfz for some pagez. But if you want a preloader, then make preloaderz for every page not for 2 or 5. It would look like thiz page has a preloader, and that doesn't have it...