dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The best studios/developers

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Posts
    2

    The best studios/developers

    It feels so weird transformaing from a flash developer to hiring a developer or studio to do a specific project for my orginzation (USAID/OFDA).

    What studios are the best of the best now? I know 2AD is still on top, but who else. I have been put in charge to find a individual or studio that can create a eLearning module for us. This module requires the following:

    • modules are to be created in Flash MX and exported as Flash 5 or Flash 6 pending on requirements of ActionScript.
    • Concept of project is to create a single main flash files that will call a “plug-in”
    • These “plug-ins” will be created in XML, HTML, or some other easy-to-edit structured file that Flash MX can then import.
    • The structure of the file will call:
    o Section A – Z (sections could vary in size, numbers)
     Content A, B, C, etc. (content could vary in size, numbers)
    o Testing
    • Testing on one module will consist of a word-like document that they have to “fill in” correctly. This part must be graded.
    • Flash module final product will be wrapped as a stand alone flash executable and will be located in our extranet (eRooms).
    • Final flash product should be made in such a way that any web developer with Flash MX can create a “plug-in” using XML, HTML or any other agreed upon technology and infuse new content and produce a whole new eLearning module executable.

    Wow that is a mouthfull. So does anyone know of top-notch developers or studios that could live up to the task?
    Lou Paris Jr.
    personal: http://www.ltparis.com
    freelace: http://www.pariscreative.com
    e-mail: mailto:webmaster@ltparis.com

  2. #2
    Phantom Flasher... Markp.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Posts
    16,034
    I'm gonna move this to the boardroom as I think you'll get a more adult response here, as you are looking for professional reasons then its probably best here, but could straddle a variety of forums

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Posts
    2
    Most thanks
    Lou Paris Jr.
    personal: http://www.ltparis.com
    freelace: http://www.pariscreative.com
    e-mail: mailto:webmaster@ltparis.com

  4. #4

    Lu Studios

    Hello,

    Consider Lu Studios to create an E-learing module for you. Visit http://www.lustudios.com/ for more information or e-mail me at timhlu@yahoo.com

    Regards,
    Tim

  5. #5
    Senior Member MG315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    526
    well i'll list the obvious options and then some other not so well known people:

    http://www.2advanced.com 2a, need i say more?
    http://www.widegroup.net/ another great, cant forget to mention em
    http://www.angelvision.org/ Nightangel, the guy who got me started in flash and graphic design as a whole actually
    http://www.xeofreestyle.com/ guy with mad flash skills
    http://www.pixelranger.com shane from 2a, he does freelance work too i believe
    http://www.acid-speed.tk/ just look at his work and tell me you dont think he's awsome

    oh and of course theres my portfolio:
    http://www.mg315.com

    but i dont know if i'd be able to do it, some of that stuff you said i had no idea what you were talkin bout, lol.
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    16
    Originally posted by MG315
    well i'll list the obvious options and then some other not so well known people:

    http://www.2advanced.com 2a, need i say more?
    http://www.widegroup.net/ another great, cant forget to mention em
    http://www.angelvision.org/ Nightangel, the guy who got me started in flash and graphic design as a whole actually
    http://www.xeofreestyle.com/ guy with mad flash skills
    http://www.pixelranger.com shane from 2a, he does freelance work too i believe
    http://www.acid-speed.tk/ just look at his work and tell me you dont think he's awsome

    oh and of course theres my portfolio:
    http://www.mg315.com

    but i dont know if i'd be able to do it, some of that stuff you said i had no idea what you were talkin bout, lol.
    Errr... Only one of the above URLs (widegroup) works for me. My bad or yours?
    "He that boasts of his own knowledge proclaims his ignorance" - ?

  7. #7
    Senior Member dlowe93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    621

    Re: The best studios/developers

    Originally posted by ltparis
    It feels so weird transformaing from a flash developer to hiring a developer or studio to do a specific project for my orginzation (USAID/OFDA).

    What studios are the best of the best now? I know 2AD is still on top, but who else. I have been put in charge to find a individual or studio that can create a eLearning module for us. This module requires the following:

    So does anyone know of top-notch developers or studios that could live up to the task?
    This sounds like a lot. If this is a real project with real dollars, email me and i will have one of our account executives get in touch with you asap.

    d.
    dlowe93

  8. #8
    Senior Member MG315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    526
    Originally posted by raketman
    Errr... Only one of the above URLs (widegroup) works for me. My bad or yours?
    all of em work for me, cept acid-speed. they have a really slow server right now. also it looks like nightangel is redoing his site so only a splash is up. but widegroup, xeo, pixelranger, and mine work for me.
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

  9. #9
    general rule bender Gloomycus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    ontario canada
    Posts
    1,538
    http://www.blastradius.com

    far bigger than all those groups put together.

  10. #10
    FK M.D. pheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    807
    give me a buzz if you're still looking. e-learning is our thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center